BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! I got rid of my Harley Road King and picked up a 2007 LT with 1400 miles on it. It is black with NAV, what an amazing machine! Being 6'5" and 320 the low speed handling is fine for me. It is no worse than old Suzuki Katana 1100f I used to own.

I am riding in the lap of luxury! The only thing the Harley did better was light the road in the dark (the Road King has the big nacelle light and the light bars) so I have started with the Farkles. I am going to try MotoLights alone, if they are not enough I will also get some others.

The fun factor of this bike is amazing, it is smooth, quick, and easy to ride.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
Excellent news, Rob. Glad you found a bike that you love.

As far as lighting, if your LT doesn't have the factory Xenon (HID) low beam, then pop over to our Lighting forum and check out the HID retrofit kits. There are several great options available for <$100.

The Motolights are great lights too, but they're more for close-up low speed work and for helping you be seen by other drivers (that triangle effect). But they just don't compare to a real HID retrofit in terms of useful light thrown down the road.

I'm sure you'll have lots more questions as you and the bike get familiar with each other. We're here for you. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Some difference from a Road King, huh?

Welcome to the family.

Official rules state: As a BMW rider, you are now allowed to wave at all bikes.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

As previously stated. The HID Kit is available from Fashtek, Inc. for just 75.00 shipped for either low beam or high beam. I have had a set for almost a year now and love them.. I just ordered the high beam kit for another 75.00 shipped.

This is by far the most economical way to increase your night vision (and be seen as well).

Do a search on HID group buy and you will find it.

Regards...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, actually my bike came with the Xenon light on low, I did not know there was a kit out there for the high as well (credit card dying to jump out now). I will order that up.

This is a huge change from the Harley now we can actually be comfortable and not be forced to stop every 50 miles.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Nice, I bought used also. Also black. Also with only 1300 miles on it.
First thing I added at my first ccr was the motolights. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome, you can now enjoy the corners. :rotf:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bigfoot21075 said:
Hi Everyone!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! I got rid of my Harley Road King and picked up a 2007 LT with 1400 miles on it. It is black with NAV, what an amazing machine!
There are some nice deals on VERY low miles LT's out there, just in my area alone:

Here
and Here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts