BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help if someone has the time. Bought a Fort Worth Rack on ebay and seller did not have any mounting hardware? But he used it for a time? What would be nice if someone could tell me how long the spacers are and screws and I'll make some. There's also no vertical bar for the front of rack if someone has one? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took a couple of photos of the mounting hardware from my rack & will try to give them the "upload"!!

I bought the rack from Perry's Sidecars & Motorcycles in Ft Worth Texas a few years ago. They were the original designers & manufacturers of the Fort worth rack (anything else is a knock off).

The bolts are a 5mm Allen socket screw (I don't know what the thread size is) and the tightening torque is 9 nm or 80 inlb.

Hope this helps a bit.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,128 Posts
Thread is M6.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not to highjack this post but are these racks still available?

·
Registered
185 Posts
To mr1150gs, my research shows the company that has manufactured these for years is probably out of business; the website is not active. He offered a great product, either chrome or anodized. Your best bet now is eBay, beemer boneyard, or this forum's classified section. In fact, one just sold on here. I might be trading/selling my bike soon --- I will reinstall the trunk and contact you first as a buyer. Or you can buy my rack for $4k and get a free K1200 to go with it, lol !!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks ValkyrieRider, as I have three bikes in the stable now, I'm quite sure my wife will not be thrilled if I added another one but will look forward to your contacting me when/if you decide to sell the rack.

Reactions: ValkyrieRider

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts