BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there going to be a group leaving from West Sac Eppies Saturday 10/4 for the ride over to Tony's in Marshal?

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
I'm not 100% sure I'm going, but it looks good so far... :D

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Could be, unless we decide to leave on Friday.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I'm meeting up with some of the folks from around the SF bay area at San Jose BMW for the ride to Tony's. If anyone wants to join up we're meeting there at 9 a.m. and heading out at 9:30. Chris will have coffee and donuts at the shop since he's scared we may go hungry. :D

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
I am going to ride up Friday and stay south of the city somewhere. If I come in Sat. morning on 101 whats the best way to get there? San Jose BMW that is. Probably won't have time to get the GPS installed before then.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Jim said:
I am going to ride up Friday and stay south of the city somewhere. If I come in Sat. morning on 101 whats the best way to get there? San Jose BMW that is. Probably won't have time to get the GPS installed before then.

Thanks,
It's about 60 miles from San Francisco (I'm assuming that is "the city" you are referring to :) ) to San Jose, so I would suggest staying around San Jose somewhere. There are a bunch of hotels and motels in the San Jose area along 101, especially around the airport. If you're lucky I might be convinced to meet you for dinner and a beer somewhere!

From 101 north or south you would want to take the 880 South exit, then follow that to Stevens Creek Blvd. Go under the overpass and around the cloverleaf and get on Stevens Creek Blvd. YOu'll go through some lights and when you cross Bascom Ave. it turns into San Carlos Ave. San Jose BMW will be about 3 blocks up on the right side, you can't miss it. Their number is 408-295-0205 in case you need to call them. Mine is 408-206-9465 in case you need to contact mee for anything.

I'll see you there!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
If you're lucky I might be convinced to meet you for dinner and a beer somewhere!
You're on buddy! Not sure yet when we'll arrive in your neighborhood yet but count on us for dinner and such!;)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Jim said:

Thanks,
Jim, we will be leaving Van Nuys on Friday also, but sure when yet. PM me if you want to ride together, schedule permiting.

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
David, thanks for the info. I'll let you know where I end up and hopefully dinner can be arranged.

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
zippy_gg said:
Jim, we will be leaving Van Nuys on Friday also, but sure when yet. PM me if you want to ride together, schedule permiting.
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Jim said:
David, thanks for the info. I'll let you know where I end up and hopefully dinner can be arranged.
Dinner, did someone mention DInner, oh yeah, beer, did someone also mention beer....I could be convinced to join you too, David knows all the best places...grin....welll...most of the time...grin.

Food Slut.

AKA

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
zippy_gg said:
You're on buddy! Not sure yet when we'll arrive in your neighborhood yet but count on us for dinner and such!;)
Excellent! Sounds like we'll get to have a pre-party to the party! Let me know when and where you guys are arriving and I'll find a place for us to meet, greet, and eat!

·
3,324 Posts
I probably won't make it to Ft. Bragg this weekend unless a miracle happens. Last Wednesday HDDC night I DID pick up a spike in the front tire. All the way through the tread and the sidewall. And I doubt I'll have time to get it replaced before the trip this weekend, Crap-ola! And the tire only has 88 miles on it.. :(

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
LodiHal said:
I probably won't make it to Ft. Bragg this weekend unless a miracle happens. Last Wednesday HDDC night I DID pick up a spike in the front tire. All the way through the tread and the sidewall. And I doubt I'll have time to get it replaced before the trip this weekend, Crap-ola! And the tire only has 88 miles on it.. :(
Ride the KLR...

·
3,324 Posts
Ted Shred said:
Ride the KLR...
I thought about it.... but with the 14 tooth front sprocket, it's not a speed demon... :D

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
LodiHal said:
I thought about it.... but with the 14 tooth front sprocket, it's not a speed demon... :D
How fast do you need to go on Hwy 1 ?

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
LodiHal said:
I agree with Ted, it's not like you're running Bonneville! :D You'll help add to the diversity of the machinery on the ride, helping to prove we're not a bunch of BMW bike snobs. :rotf:

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
:D You'll help add to the diversity of the machinery on the ride, helping to prove we're not a bunch of BMW bike snobs. :rotf:
I'll be doing my bit toward that goal. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts