BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from Fort Bragg and wanted to thank everyone who went. I had a great time, and didn't wreck my bike! As far as I know there were no breakdowns, no problems, and no performance awards, although Nelson did drop his LT in front of about 60 Harley riders, though. :eek:

The ride up was a little chilly and damp in some places, and there were a few stretches where the fog limited visibility to around 1/8 mile. But overall it was a good ride up. Lunch at Tony's was good as always. Once in Fort Bragg festivities started in the bar at the Tap Room about 4:30 with a few of us, and the crowd built until almost everyone was in the bar around 6:30. We moved to the banquet room around 7 and started ordering dinner and more beers there. :D Things were rolling there until around 9:30, then folks moved back to the motel where various event from more visiting to calling it a night ensued.

We woke up this morning to a clear blue sky with the leading edge of a low front visible over the ocean. After some breakfast and further visiting I headed out with Bob Rasters (now known as "Bob Ten Beers") and Nick Burkitt down the coast to 128, then over to 101 and home. OTher than some nasty traffic in spots the ride home was uneventful.

Once again, a big "Thank You!" to everyone who attended and made our 3rd ride to Fort BRagg a lot of fun. I hope to see all of you again next year!

·
Old Dawg
3,284 Posts
It was a great trip to Fort Bragg this year, foggy on the coast but nice temps. Food at Tony's was great, good food and a LOT of beer at the North Coast Brewery.
We rode home on Hwy. 20, down Capay Valley and had lunch in Woodland at Sonic Burger.
Thanks to David Taylor for planning the trip and John for leading the ride out to Tony's.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks to everyone Stephanie and I had a great time ..Has to dropping the LT in front of the Harleys..I showed them how to pick up a real mans bike in record time

Attachments

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Had an outstanding time, great roads, food, beer and friends. :D
On the way back Gage and I took off before the main group and headed up 20. Caught up to Nelson and Stephanie in Willits and had brunch. Stayed on 20 all the way to 16 then down into Woodland. Back home by 1pm for some afternoon NFL on TV.
So where we going next? :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Ft Bragg 05

Great Ride, thanks David.

Scott, Jim and I had a brisk return ride on Hwy 20 and every car we caught pulled over allowing us by making for a fun ride.

Caught up with Roger and Colby by Clear Lake and blasted to Woodland for late lunch. Colby rode fantistic and was always in my mirror, usually out excelerating me when we passed (that little bike can go).

Congratulations to Colby for overcomming minor mishap Saturday and to Roger for being such a great Dad with just the right words of encouragement.

Hope all are home safe,
Doug Holck
Lodi

·
Registered
412 Posts
What a great ride! Thanks Dave for making all the arrangements. We really enjoyed the Food, Beer and company! It was our 1st time visiting Ft. Bragg. We'll be back forsure! :)

PS: No fires this trip :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Not sure what the big hurry was to get out of Dodge. Back at home by 1pm. The sun came back out about 1030 after the fog burned off. Beautiful morning for browsing around Mendocino. We made a weekend of it leaving Ft. Bragg about 1230 and had lunch at a favorite spot in Willits a little while later. A bit chilly on Saturday but that's the nature of the wild, exotic Northern California Coast. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well . . .

I have not been able to post pictures taken during the trip.

Keep an eye for them in the near future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great Time

That had to be one of the best rides I've been on. The roads were AMAZING. Even with my misfortune the first day (getting hit by a minivan and having a pumkin fly at me off my dad's bike) all turned out well. Can't wait to go next year! Oh yeah... look at my new signature :)

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Tallyho said:
Not sure what the big hurry was to get out of Dodge. Back at home by 1pm. The sun came back out about 1030 after the fog burned off. Beautiful morning for browsing around Mendocino. We made a weekend of it leaving Ft. Bragg about 1230 and had lunch at a favorite spot in Willits a little while later. A bit chilly on Saturday but that's the nature of the wild, exotic Northern California Coast. :)
Not sure why you would care Bob.

Colby,
Ya gotta love the North Coast and Hwy 1. You really handle that 650 well even with a bent handlebar. Good to see your flying the HDDC colors. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tallyho said:
Obviously not a RAIDER fan! Great ride,BTW. 20 was awesome as usual, but I can's decide what is slower, a cage or five harley riders...didn't matter though the Feejr got by 'em with ease...sorta like the way I caught Flowers and Co. in Willits!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
motorgod said:
Obviously not a RAIDER fan! Great ride,BTW. 20 was awesome as usual, but I can's decide what is slower, a cage or five harley riders...didn't matter though the Feejr got by 'em with ease...sorta like the way I caught Flowers and Co. in Willits!

Hey Paul glad you could join us again this year - actually my son is a Dallas fan, he now wishes we didn't make it back for the game. I listened to the Bronco game on Sirius on the ride home... :D they won.
BTW - The only reason you caught up in Willits is that we stopped at the 76 for gas.... One up on a twisty road you don't stand a chance..... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
David,

I'm jealous for sure. I was on call all weekend without a single call. Oh well. There is always next time. How about a rider list of attendees this year. Who had the longest ride?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
congrats, gang. i'm still kicking myself for backing out at the last minute with a family emergency. sounds like a good time was had by all.

next time i'll be there no matta whut!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Thank You !!

The solo ride down (480 miles) was the first time I had done 299 from Redding to the coast. I was pleased, but thought it would be more challenging. By the time I hit the short section of hwy 1, off of 101, the arm were tired, the light getting dim and I was glad to pull into town.

Great food,BEER, and conversations. The later 2 when on for hours in the parking lot.

Took hwy 36, another first for me. WOW, nice road even though they forgot the centerline on most of it.

Took the old turn off to Redding, just past the junction with hwy 3. Its a really great narrow 2 lane that twists for about 30 miles.

Didn't hit any hard rain till Weed, and made it home for diner.

See you all at WCR, if not sooner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
amarider said:
I listened to the Bronco game on Sirius on the ride home...
BTW - The only reason you caught up in Willits is that we stopped at the 76 for gas.... One up on a twisty road you don't stand a chance..... ;)
That sounds like a challenge......lets see...145hp vs 93hp....99 ft/lb torque vs 9 ft/lb....I can't....

·
Registered
100 Posts
A Few Pictures

April and I were a little late to dinner. Some said we know what you two were doing! So I now offer proof that we were indeed at the Beach taking Sunset pictures. Now I will not provide and proof of what we did after dinner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Not sure why you would care, Bob.

Football? :eek: Is that what it was? You may be on to something there, John. I certainly don't care about football on Sunday ride like that. But, I suppose you'll have to forgive my paternal instincts when it comes to my riding buddies, misplaced as they may seem. :eek:

·
Registered
859 Posts
motorgod said:
That sounds like a challenge......lets see...145hp vs 93hp....99 ft/lb torque vs 9 ft/lb....I can't....
Ahh, Paul...it's 74 ft/lbs of torque. And you can't what? Type and think at the same time?

(Now you guys know why they put him on graveyard.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts