BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you fellerz, guyz or galz, know about the status of the racing venue for Formula 1 when it comes to Austin in 2012? I can't find any definitive info on the F1 and related racing sites, so thought just maybe someone here on the list might have insider info to some degree. Last I heard wuz, the build location has been selected, but I don't know Austin layout well enough to find it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Howdy Dick! :wave
Nutin' hurd...wait...that's a group of cows...or is it herd....nope....heard!

How about the very first F1 race we have a huge gatherin' of riders from the South Central and neighboring folks that wanna join......can you imagine a large gathering of Bimmer Bikes....it'd draw some gazes!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dick said:
Any of you fellerz, guyz or galz, know about the status of the racing venue for Formula 1 when it comes to Austin in 2012? I can't find any definitive info on the F1 and related racing sites, so thought just maybe someone here on the list might have insider info to some degree. Last I heard wuz, the build location has been selected, but I don't know Austin layout well enough to find it.
On Elroy Road, just a stone's throw ESE of the Austin airport, they are moving dirt now.

http://www.formula1unitedstates.com/

All sorts of fun coming our way next year!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TomHaycraft said:
On Elroy Road, just a stone's throw ESE of the Austin airport, they are moving dirt now.

http://www.formula1unitedstates.com/

All sorts of fun coming our way next year!
Major thanks, Tom - I been all over the F1 website and a few others and never saw a connect to this one. Thanks again. I even Googled it and mostly came up with diatribe from folks who don't live around these parts, butt were negative in the Austin site selection - go figger!! Gonna surprise 'em, I betcha. And the Austin airport better gear up for boocoo number of private planes that'll be in and out that weekend!!

Even tho we're only a coupla hours away, Cheryl wants to hotel it over the weekend - prolly a good idea, considering Austin traffic as it is!!

Thanks again, Tom. Like to shake your hand one of these days when I'm in your 'hood. Been thinkin' about taking advantage of the Texas Cafe's Pie happy hour over in Hutto - give ya a ping when my will power gives out!! ;)

And Kenny - terrific idea on having a weekend long RTE at the venue!! Gonna have to work on that one!!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brettb10 said:
Planning on LT' ing my way down next year
:wave Howdy, Brett - great riding in the area when you get here, and not bad on your way down!! Since you're a pilot, I thought about offering to make arrangements for you to fly into Boerne's FBO and borrow an LT from a race non-fan around here - problem is we can only handle one teeny tiny fixed wing and one rotorblade per day!!! :histerica j/k!

I'm sure there will be some noise here on the forums as the F1 team gets closer to making firm plans. At least, I'll be 'loud' about it!! ;) Take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts