BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been all over the internet trying to find a TV channel listing for the Candaian Grand Prix on Sunday. Speed channel ran the practice today and will run the qualifying tamale, but not the race Sunday!!! :confused: Said they'll show it as a recorded event next Wednesday.

I did run across some parenthetical notes about Fox Sports Network channel running it, butt so far, I haven't confirmed that, and the Dish Network package we have here at the ranchette doesn't locate a FSN channel.

Anybody have any good and reliable info on this situation? We're bummed if we don't get to see it live!!! :mad:

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'm watching practice now and they mentioned live on Fox Sunday. I found it on Fox at 10am Pacific time. DVR did not automatically pick it up. I hate it when the do this shit.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted Shred said:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm watching practice now and they mentioned live on Fox Sunday. I found it on Fox at 10am Pacific time. DVR did not automatically pick it up. I hate it when the do this shit.
Thanks, Ted. Yep, we hate it too. I think I'm gonna have to wait 'til Sunday and see if the Fox channel that we get has it. It's not the Fox Sport channel, so I'll be surprised if the local Fox affiliate carries it - we'll see. Thanks again.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Dick said:
Thanks, Ted. Yep, we hate it too. I think I'm gonna have to wait 'til Sunday and see if the Fox channel that we get has it. It's not the Fox Sport channel, so I'll be surprised if the local Fox affiliate carries it - we'll see. Thanks again.
It's on the local Fox affilliate here. Don't see why you wouldn't get it. I have DirecTV so I get the local Fox HD...

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Thanks! Running to my Tivo now...

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
It's on Fox at Noon CDT on Sunday. The local Fox affiliate in Dallas shows it on their schedule. The San Antonio Fox station (KABB) website shows it at Noon as well.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Dick said:
I've been all over the internet trying to find a TV channel listing for the Candaian Grand Prix on Sunday. Speed channel ran the practice today and will run the qualifying tamale, but not the race Sunday!!! :confused: Said they'll show it as a recorded event next Wednesday.

I did run across some parenthetical notes about Fox Sports Network channel running it, butt so far, I haven't confirmed that, and the Dish Network package we have here at the ranchette doesn't locate a FSN channel.

Anybody have any good and reliable info on this situation? We're bummed if we don't get to see it live!!! :mad:
Here's a great link/site to save ;)
http://www.tvracer.com/

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
katnapinn said:
Thanks for the link David WAY COOL :yeah:
Wow - thanks all. Feelin' really dumbo now, cuz we didn't even think to check local channels :stupid: - don't watch 'em; they weren't listed on the F1 website; and figgered Mosely wuz taking revenge out!!! - and so we got our panties in a wad. We're calm and cool now - thanks again. :thumb:

BTW - sure seems like a lotta turmoil goin' on in the ranks. Obvious that the F1 marketing department wants some of the NASCAR (read pork rind/tabasco sauce, as my friend Rick calls it :D ) audience.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
You're right. Fox and F1 have done a poor job of promoting this. Not that Speed TV did any better, but you sort of could count on Speed TV having coverage for every race. Even on F1 and Fox's websites, you had to dig deep just to find anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts