BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was forced to buy another bike lift. My Handylift with extension wings is going to be full for a while (don't ask), and I have other projects to do. I figured that since I have the Handy for heavy lifting all I needed was a lighter lift for the airheads. I just could not pull the trigger on the Harbor Freight lift, It was just too light. I kept shopping and found this: MC1000 1,000 LB. Capacity, Air/Hydraulic Motorcycle Lift | GSES. I drove up to Austin to pick it up and was impressed with the quality for the price. It took about an hour to set up using appropriate greases and judicious use of Loc-Tite. I really like that it has both the foot pump and air motor for lifting. It appears to be really well made and thought out, they even used diamond plate steel for grip. I will find out.

Robert

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good for you! Looks just exactly like a HF lift though. I will lift a bike up to 600 lbs on my HF no sweat, but I put my hogs (LT, HD, T-Bird) only on my handy lift. I agree the HF lift makes me nervous over 600 lbs. but I have not seen a HF lift with air and foot pump, that's classy!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Yes, it does look just like the HF with the addition of the air lift, at least from the picture. Reality up close might be different.

Sorry that you had to get a second lift :surprise:

Most of us have trouble pulling the trigger on our first one let alone a second.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thought the same thing about the lift looking like a HF, just black. I have a Direct Lift in my garage, saying it's HD is an understatement. I paid $750 for mine and picked it up new in Dallas probably 6 years ago.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually think it's a step and a half above HF. It comes with a good rubber lined wheel clamp ant the dual power is quite nice. Fit and finish are quite good also. Cost was $449.99.

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts