BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Virtual PC for OSX to run the BMW LT CD service manual. It was slowwwwwww going. It was suggested to me to start the CD on the OSX desktop and copy the English Manual Data PDF file to the desktop and run it on the OSX Adobe Acrobat. Works VERY WELL and runs super smooth.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The division line between PC & Mac is narrowing even further. The BMW service manual really runs fast this way. I hated it before, but now it's a really cool resource.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hoodoodrum - You didn't even need to install Adobe Acrobat on Mac OS X. There is a program that comes with Mac OS X called, "Preview." It allows you to preview lots of different file formats including PDF files, digital pictures, and others. It brings up PDF files even faster than Adobe Acrobat.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am familiar with the preview program but felt the Acrobat had better features/controls etc. Very cool though.

·
Miles of Smiles
1,052 Posts
feel the need for speed

Good idea to help us Mac users along. My first CD manual, "Reparaturanleitung K 1200 LT " # 01 79 0 148 377 ran OK with VPC 6. I printed out all 600 plus pages which helps heaps.
My second CD " RepROM K 1200 LT " #01 79 0 309 672 ( for the later models ) seems to be in a very different format with the PDF representing only a small section of the browser interface. Many more bells and whistles than the first version, but oh so slow !!! Haven't even tried to print this one out yet. Any one had success speeding up this version on a Mac or tried to print out a hard copy yet ? Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts