BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..just went to the petrol station, filled the Beemer and the Cherokee up and paid (converted) 2.40 USD a frikkin LITER...!

Allah may be akbahr but this freedom for arabia shindig sure freaks the pumps.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It is up around $3.45 per US Gallon here outside of Chicago, IL for regular, and if you put what we refer to as Premium gas in the LT, its about $3.68.

No nearly as bad as what you get, but stinks here too.

Bill

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Slammer said:
..just went to the petrol station, filled the Beemer and the Cherokee up and paid (converted) 2.40 USD a frikkin LITER...!

Allah may be akbahr but this freedom for arabia shindig sure freaks the pumps.
Yuor gas prices seem reasonable to me.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
patrick2000 said:
Your gas prices seem reasonable to me.
$9.09 a gallon is reasonable????????? I'm staying out of Oregon.
(1 gallon = 3.79 liters)

Guess I'll be staying out of Switzerland as well since jet fuel is up like crazy too and airline rates are going up, up and away--------------.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
£1.30 a ltr here in the UK, thats £5.85 a Gallon, UK gallon, and set to rise by a further 5p next week.

Allah can go shove it up his............

When the price in the US is the same as here, you have my permission to moan, right now you sound like little..............i'll leave it there I think.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Ahh, quit your whining. Geneva and Zurich consistently rank as two of the best places to live in the world.

So what if gas is $9.00 a gallon. Big Deal. :rolleyes:

That means when I drive my new 2011 Bentley Supersports Continental to Gstaad for a long weekend it will only cost a dollar a mile to drive just for gas. That will put a dent in my Centurion American Express card for sure!

But hey, when you've got 612 hp and 590 ft.lbs. of torque :eek: on demand who cares?
...and for all you little tree hugging pinko communist Prius twerps it runs on biofuel too.:histerica

(probably cheaper to just take the chopper, and I don't have to deal with all those plebian 7 series BMW's clogging up the highway)

...and yes, that's the view from my room at the Palace Hotel with my 27 year old mistress taken just last weekend. Another 2 glasses of Glenfiddich 40 year old Single Malt, si vous plais?

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RonKMiller said:
Ahh, quit your whining. Geneva and Zurich consistently rank as two of the best places to live in the world.

That means when I drive my new 2011 Bentley Supersports Continental to Gstaad for a long weekend it will only cost a dollar a mile to drive just for gas. That will put a dent in my Centurion American Express card for sure!

But hey, when you've got 612 hp and 590 ft.lbs. of torque :eek: on demand who cares?
...and for all you little tree hugging pinko communist Prius twerps it runs on biofuel too.:histerica

(probably cheaper to just take the chopper, and I don't have to deal with all those plebian 7 series BMW's clogging up the highway)

...and yes, that's the view from my room at the Palace Hotel with my 27 year old mistress taken just last weekend. Another 2 glasses of Glenfiddich 40 year old Single Malt, si vous plais?
Ahh! Geneva and Zürich may be great places to be, but I live and love in Kanton St. Gallen, where they eat their dead and the definition of a virgin is a young girl that can run faster then her uncle, or brother come to think of it.

2011 Bentley Supersports Continental to Gstaad for a long weekend? Don't get caught speeding, the last guy with one of them got hit with a 300.000 Chuff fine for a few clicks over the limit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
myk_edwards said:
£1.30 a ltr here in the UK, thats £5.85 a Gallon, UK gallon, and set to rise by a further 5p next week.

Allah can go shove it up his............

When the price in the US is the same as here, you have my permission to moan, right now you sound like little..............i'll leave it there I think.
Hey Myk,

£1.46 up here in Shetland........... :mad:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,172 Posts
RMoore007 said:
This guy doesn't need 612 horsepower. All he needs is just 4 horsepower.:D<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlyDkpYHR70?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>
Obviously not all horses are created equal! ;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
StClair said:
Hey Myk,

£1.46 up here in Shetland........... :mad:
Apparently "GREED " is world wide and not a sole American Invention.
Although we are very good at it, most of the worlds richest companies are Oil companies....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Don't think Allah has anything to do with the price of gas.

More likely greed.

Filled the LT this afternoon coming back from the show in Greenville. Premium was $3.45 a gallon, still filled it with less than a $20.00 bill.

The show as great. Good ride going down, a little chilly to start, 31 degrees F but nice on the way back. Took the long way home.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Slammer said:
Ahh! Geneva and Zürich may be great places to be, but I live and love in Kanton St. Gallen, where they eat their dead and the definition of a virgin is a young girl that can run faster then her uncle, or brother come to think of it.
Well that eating the dead thing is definitely off my bucket list for the coming year - but chasing a virgin? :yeah:
Now that's what I call the sporting life! - to hell with skiing! :toast:

You guys in Kanton St. Gallen know how to have all the fun. :D

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
RonKMiller said:

Ron, you're dislexic (and I probably can't spell either), she was 72, not 27! :histerica

Good post by the way! :D

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
RonKMiller said:
... That means when I drive my new 2011 Bentley Supersports Continental to Gstaad for a long weekend it will only cost a dollar a mile to drive just for gas. That will put a dent in my Centurion American Express card for sure! ...
Ron, you are so funny. Everyone knows the "in" crowd at Gstaad looks down their collective noses at the Supersports Continental. The Arnage is a much more dignified way to see and be seen. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
Ron, you're dislexic (and I probably can't spell either), she was 72, not 27! :histerica

Good post by the way! :D
LOL. :wave... dang, I got her mixed up with her cougar Mom! Must be all that drain bamage from the $200.00 a glass Scotch.

When I was a young stud puppy working as a ski host at Keystone Resort in the mid '70's - and actually getting PAID for it - my favorite saying at the bar scene was "Go ugly, early". ;)

Best job I ever had - and probably will ever have...

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
hschisler said:
Ron, you are so funny. Everyone knows the "in" crowd at Gstaad looks down their collective noses at the Supersports Continental. The Arnage is a much more dignified way to see and be seen. :rolleyes:

Ya' know Howard - you are absolutely right! I think they're gettin' a bit too uppity there lately for our tastes.

I still like to drive myself - and I always mistake all those snotty chauffeurs hanging around the lobby for the valet. Boy howdy, do they get pissed when I try to tip them. Very confusing.

Back to Val d'Isere for next season dahling, don't cha' know. ;) Let's meet up for rope drop on New Year's Day!

I'll send my new Challenger 8000 to pick you up. With a cruise range of 8,000 nm you won't have to bother to stop for re-fueling in New Foundland like all those dreadly little Lear jets. :D

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
RonKMiller said:
LOL. :wave... dang, I got her mixed up with her cougar Mom! Must be all that drain bamage from the $200.00 a glass Scotch.

When I was a young stud puppy working as a ski host at Keystone Resort in the mid '70's - and actually getting PAID for it - my favorite saying at the bar scene was "Go ugly, early". ;)

Keystone is my favorite place to go skiing, A Basin is great too!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
RonKMiller said:

Keystone is my favorite place to go skiing, A Basin is great too!
I was doin' Pali WAY before there was a lift - in JUNE! :D

This is some very serious vertical - rivaled only by The Plunge and Spiral Staircase in Telluride. Everything else is for snow bunnies.

Pali – the nickname for our famed Pallavicini lift that accesses our advanced Pallavicini terrain in one easy lift ride. Most pronounce it "Polly." People who spend most of their day skiing/riding on this lift are often known as "Pali-heads." The bottom trail that takes you out of the Pallavicini run is referred to as the "Poly-wog."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts