BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried the hawksproducts.com talons footpeg system? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks ktap191 :bmw:

Sorry-- I guess I should have asked about highway footpegs--

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bought them, installed them, took one long trip and took them off. They aren't bad, but I had concerns about them being bolted to the valve covers. You can use your rear pegs if you don't ride two-up. I'm not selling them short....just decided against them. PM me if you want mine along with the fittings to mount the pegs.....cheap......

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Use your rear pegs for what?

·
Registered
219 Posts
"use your rear pegs for what?"

The Talons require you to either buy new BMW pegs or remove your rear ones to attach to the Talon fittings that you need to buy along with the Talon brackets that attach to the valve covers....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the stock pegs myself. My wife, on the other hand, likes footboards. Since she rides on the rear throne of my cycle, I had to accommodate her. I built a set of passenger boards a couple weeks ago. I used a set of Yamaha passenger pegs, which I modified to mount a set of custom aluminum footboards I had removed from an old Goldwing. The rubber topping is from the scrap bin at the local rubber mat place, cut on the bandsaw and contact cemented with help from the 12 ton press. No modification of the bike was needed. They mount using the original pins, remove quickly and make the wife happy. Took me about 2 hours and the cost of some contact cement, of which I only used a couple brushfulls, so I better start sniffing glue or laying Formica if I want to get my money's worth out of it.
Here's some pics:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the talons and I didn't think they were very comfortable. Too wide and too high. I bought some mick o pegs. For me they are much more comfortable. I had them on my LT and bought them for my RT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts