BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of relocators from Suburban Machinery on my '05 K12. I am 5'10" but have about a 35" inner leg measurement and wiith carrying a few leg injuries from an over exhubearant youth in Enduro racing I was too cramped with the original peg position. Only a short test ride so far but the difference is quite astounding really, knee angle reduced and also it seems like a more relaxed ankle position, so I'm hopeful the cramping on longer trips will be gone. The product is excellent, nicely CNC milled from aluminium billet with SS pins, not cheap but a very nice product. Only down side I suspect will be easy scraping of the pegs, particularly on the RH side, maybe now also on the left as previously the side stand copped it before the pag, we'll see. Anyone have opinions or findings they'd like to share ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
K100Dennis said:
I just installed a set of relocators from Suburban Machinery on my '05 K12. I am 5'10" but have about a 35" inner leg measurement and wiith carrying a few leg injuries from an over exhubearant youth in Enduro racing I was too cramped with the original peg position. Only a short test ride so far but the difference is quite astounding really, knee angle reduced and also it seems like a more relaxed ankle position, so I'm hopeful the cramping on longer trips will be gone. The product is excellent, nicely CNC milled from aluminium billet with SS pins, not cheap but a very nice product. Only down side I suspect will be easy scraping of the pegs, particularly on the RH side, maybe now also on the left as previously the side stand copped it before the pag, we'll see. Anyone have opinions or findings they'd like to share ?
Installed the same on my 09 helped immensely and only have 32" inseam scraping is indeed a problem I've pretty much scrubbed the ends off of both sides at some point I'll buy replacements. I also bought a new saddle which raised the ride height a 1" or so and that has also helped.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Yep I had them on my Lt for 5 years & loved them.
BTW They are now in the CCR Silent Auction so for the lucky few going to CCR here is you chance to get a set for a good price & you will be helping out THE KIDS

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
K100Dennis said:
+1

I had them on my 02 K1200LT and loved um... I have a set ordered for my K1600GTL and as soon as they arrive, They too will be installed.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I have them on my '01. I have a 29" inseam and love them. You will need to make sure your boots don't extend too far below the pegs in the twisties. Move your feet back on the pegs so the toes of your boots don't extend below the front surface of the peg. Kind of disconcerting the first time you drag the bottom of your boot in a tight turn if you dont! It's much more comfortable to drag the little thingey on the peg instead!!!!

Loren

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
I had them and hated them... While the riding position was a little more relaxed I found that I was scraping way too much to the point I was concerned about "planting" them on the road and have the bike pivot around them and cause a crash.
I think a higher seat will give you the comfort you want with none of the negatives of reduced ground clearance. JMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts