BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

foot pegs question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deputy5211 
#1 ·
This is my first post. I have been looking at used LTs and I think I've found what I think is a nice bike for the price.
But I have a question re: foot pegs. I notice the bike comes without the long boards like HDs have. I have a VStar and it also has similar foot rests. Is there a conversion kit that can change the LT foot peg to the one I have on my VStar? I prefer that style, especially for long drives. Anyone know if this option is available?
Thanks, and if I buy the LT hope to be more active on this group.
EL

#2 ·
there are plenty of floor boards for the LT, if that's what you're talking about. like the HDs and others, they're not cheap. I bought some used ones online and they work okay. the particular ones I bought are also angled (rider's) down, supposedly to give a more relaxed leg position. I didn't really notice after a 4300 mile trip w/ them. Maybe they mainly benefit riders taller than 5'8". they might also be angled so the boot will fit easier under the shifter. One thing is for sure, the angled and lowered floorboards are going to drag pavement sooner in a turn than those that aren't. The seller/retailer does mention this up front.

I bought some for the passenger also, but I can't really say how much better they made the ride for her. She's about the same height as me, and she has small feet.

Now, what really sucks about floorboards on front and rear of the LT at least with this particular brand is there's so little distance between the front and rear floorboard, which makes it harder to walk your bike while sitting on it. I constantly found myself only able to make very small steps when needing to walk the bike, and always was hitting the boards with my shins and calves. This might not be an issue for someone w/ significantly longer inseam, assuming they could place their feet outside the boards and still walk the bike. I will do some comparison testing on my next trip by removing the rear boards and then the front ones to determine if they're really missed. I figure I'll keep the pair on for the rider who misses them. At least this way, one of us might benefit while still allowing me to walk the bike.

#4 ·
pavehawkfe said:

These are the ones I purchased, although I don't think my passenger boards have the 2" risers.

At least you like them. Are you using them for the rider and passenger? If so, what's the length of your inseam?

#5 ·
Did not care for the Darius boards. He made the mounts and used cheap looking boards from JC Whitney or similar, IIRC. I had a set and got rid of them in favor of Suburban Machinery lowering blocks for stock pegs.

I also have the MOPs and JPegs on my LT, so no shortage of places to put my feet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.