BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally found some stock foot pegs to replace those ridiculous foot boards the PO put on my bike.

But, I'll be damned if I can work out which way the springs are supposed to go. Anyone got a close up photo of a front foot peg that they can post, or email to me?

Thanks

Brett Anderson

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Brett,
I've changed the position of my pegs through the use of some well made Lowering pieces. Purchased from a guy in the States. If you go onto his web site to view his kit for lowering the pegs, you'll see a real good shot of the spring as it's simply removed off the existing peg and reapplied to the lowering piece.
The manufactures name is Suburban Machinery, I found this company on this site exploring for after market bits and pieces.
Bruce
Perth
Australia

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Folks.

That was what I needed. Pegs are on and wonderful.

Anyone want to buy a set of Illium Works front boards?

Brett

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Brett,

PM sent on floorboards.

Joe

·
Registered
161 Posts
I took a set of these lowering bars off my 06 because I had to lift my foot to get rear brake. Even though I paid real close attention to how the spring was in on the lowering pegs, (Even left one on until I got the other side done) I'll be danged if I can get the springs back in where they hold the pegs out ... right now they are kind of flopping around .. how does one get the springs back? .... special tool? ... big hammer? ... LOL ... the dealer wants an hour labor to do it ... in his dreams ... LOL

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Way to go, searching out a 2008 thread! :thumb:

Considering I did mine about a decade ago going from memory has it's disadvantages. :histerica
I didn't use any special tools, IIRC. I just lined the springs up and used the foot peg to push things into alignment where I could insert the pin.

FuzzyWuzHe said:
I took a set of these lowering bars off my 06 because I had to lift my foot to get rear brake. Even though I paid real close attention to how the spring was in on the lowering pegs, (Even left one on until I got the other side done) I'll be danged if I can get the springs back in where they hold the pegs out ... right now they are kind of flopping around .. how does one get the springs back? .... special tool? ... big hammer? ... LOL ... the dealer wants an hour labor to do it ... in his dreams ... LOL

·
Registered
161 Posts
Okay ... being encouraged hearing someone did this ... I decided to try again ... after all ... I rebuilt nuclear reactors for a living ... looking at the lowering bars and the picture on the site above ... I noticed something interesting ... the PO or who ever installed these put them on the wrong sides .... assuming r means right as you look forward (rear brake side) ... so I put them on reverse of as they were when I bought the bike ... imagine that ... when installed on the correct side the brake pedal is now level with the peg ... not 1" above it ... when putting the shifter side on, the spring "fell" into place (no clue how I did it) ... after an hour fighting with the brake side, I left it "flopping" and will try again Sunday AM ... it was 104 in the garage and the heat was not helping my frustration level ... a beer or two however did

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yo fuzz.Do you recall saying or ever hearing said--"fell" into place (no clue how I did it) while you were wrenching on the nuke site. Maybe you could publish a list of the locations of some of those sites. make that all of those sites. :histerica

·
Registered
161 Posts
All naval vessels .... and no ... not the Scorpion or the Thresher ... The big difference was documentation ... not quite as much here as the Navy (my repair manual hasn't arrived yet) ... but close :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts