BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading down to Morro Bay soon and coming back along Hwy 1. Both ways I will probably be in Monterey for lunch. Anyone know of good motorcycle lunch spots? I have been there before on the bike but with a group and one of the guys knew of a place right there on the water that was the perfect motorcycle lunch spot. All differnt types of seafoon done in a, "to go" fashion but still had great places to eat there. Stuff was served in the generic paper carton stuff. If anyone could tip me off on that place, i would love to plug it into the GPS. Any recomendations? I might be eating in Monterey twice so 2 differnt places might be nice.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
I like the chowder...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted Shred said:
I like the chowder...
Funny, should I ask for the Monterey chowder since I wont be in New England?

I found that the place I was looking for was Phils Fish Market. So I have one place decided on, but still looking for one more.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
About 10 miles south of Carmel on the coast is Rocky Point Restaurant. Good food and the views are amazing. In Monterey itself there are some good seafood places on Fisherman's wharf. Just about anything there would be good.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Fisherman's Grotto on the wharf has great chowder,

·
Registered
210 Posts
Monterey Fish House. Not on the water but the best food in town.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just outside of Monterey.... Two places in Moss Landing... Right next door to the two cooling towers...

Phil's Fish Market... YEAH!

and

The Whole Enchilada... Mexican done the right way...

The only problem is??? It's away from the hustle and bustle of life in downtown and there is no real traffic to speak of... bummer... :rotf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts