BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of making an Autumn foliage (leaves should start turning here in 2 weeks) ride in the Western Catskill Mts. around the Cannonsville & Pepecton Reserviors next Sunday and/or the following Sunday. We have a small group of 4 guys (2 Harleys, a Valcarye, THE LT) who usually meet around Binghamton, NY for breakfast after church and ride till early evening. All are welcome to ride along, stop for lunch, laughs and war stories. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wish I could go with you but have to attend HS reunion one weekend and relatives are coming in the other. I'll tell you this though, I just got back from a beautiful ride through the lower finger lakes and the leaves are just turning. They look on fire at sunset! I was in the Corning area. The roads are great, the people are friendly and the LT gets a lot of attention! Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian: Thanks. Weather for this weekend looks grim; tropical storm coming so postponing ride till next weekend. Yes leaves just turning here. Should be great next Sunday (10/16th) for a ride. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Took a ride up to Moosehead Lake ME last weekend, started on Friday morning. Friday was great and then the rain and the cold set in and riding was over until the ride home on Tuesday. I know what your thinking... but I was just glad to take my bike on our first wedding anniversary so I was not going to push the bad weather riding. If some one is going to be up here in northern MA and wants to go for a run around Mt. Wachussetts give me a pm.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another Wet Weekend

Looks like another wash-out for this weekend. The leaves have not hit peak yet so maybe the weather will turn more favorable next week. Another postponement. Will try again 10/23.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Catskills Color

I was just up by Oneonta and Delhi on Monday. I had to take the wife and kids in the cage to look at a college. The trees were just starting to turn. Nice color. The Harriman area was still mostly green.

Next week should be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts