BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the battery in my key FOB for my 2007 K1200GT. When you do that you have to re-synchro the key to the anti-theft alarm on the bike. When I changed the battery the LED light goes on and stays on just like instructions say it will, but when I try to synchro it to the bike according to the instructions it doesn't work. I assume that the electronics on the bike are working because my spare key will still turn the anti-theft on and off, so I am not sure what to do. If you have any insights, that would be great. I am not anxious to leave it at the dealer as the last time I took it in, the bike sat there for two weeks while they ordered a new air box for it. Summers are just to short up here, so if it is something that I can deal with myself and not sacrifice any riding time, I am all ears.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up taking the bike outside of the garage and I was able to synchro the FOB to the anti theft system. I think I was getting interference from some of the other wireless devices I had in the garage. As an experiment, when I put the bike in the garage, the synchro wouldn't work. When I took it out of the garage I could synchro it with no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts