BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the K1200LT though an 18 yr MOA member. Picked up an 09 lt on Saturday and have found it to be the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. Lots of riding on BMW's but with L5 Degenerative Disc Disease, the sport bikes and GS series simply hurt too much. The 09 had 5994 miles the day I bought it and sppears to promise many pleasureable trips. Hoping to go to The Dragon the second week of September and live in North East Pennsylvania. If anyone has any suggested routes (I hope to avoid interstates as much as possible), I'M all ears. Any advice regarding the bike or the trip are welcome. Ride well and safely.

Regards,

Will

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm not the FNG anymore! YES! It's a great day. I have only logged a few thousand miles on my 2002, but am enjoying them. I actually could use a better seat, as the stock "low" seat I have is not all the comfy. Anybody want to trade a low seat for say, a Kontour seat, Mayer, Corbin, Rusell? Hey, it never hurts to ask.
Grant

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Lts can easily live in the 5-6K range all day.

Last year, my first on the Dragon, my LT seemed happiest in second gear.

My biggest problem, even right around the posted speed limit, was getting used to dragging my pegs.

When i switched from Bstone sport type of tires to mileage MetzsI stopped dragging my pegs.

So. After a few corners I remembered to just let the peg push up my foot.

Here in Tucson my peg dragging fun was limited to 90 degree turns at intersections. I had fun pushing down on the peg to alter stearing.

Best from tucson
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts