BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, if anyone can help would be great.I want to flush my brake and clutch systems, has anyone any tools that they would reccomend,also my hydraulic stand seems noisy retracting and slow, is there fluid that needs topped up for this,
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
SlanePaul said:
Hi, if anyone can help would be great.I want to flush my brake and clutch systems, has anyone any tools that they would reccomend,also my hydraulic stand seems noisy retracting and slow, is there fluid that needs topped up for this,
Thanks
Paul
I see you've been a member here for a coupla years, so you probably have already searched the HoW pages and looked for other threads relating to fluid changes. And since you mention a hydraulic stand, I'm assuming your bike is newer than '05 - however, it might help someone to give you guidance there if they knew the model year.

I did find a thread (one out of many) that should help you on the brake and clutch fluid systems. Take a read thru this one and see if some of it applies to your project. Ole Toad is a '99 model, so we don't know much about hydraulic centerstands and the newer fluid system changes. Good luck, and stay tuned, cuz there will be some other folks jumping in here soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts