BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've visited Cedar Key as a rally bonus location. Beautiful place that I intend to visit again with the wife for a weekend. While visiting, take the time and visit Horseshoe Beach for an ice cream. It's not to far from Cedar Key.

Rob, 200LT
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cedar Key is one of our favorite weekend getaways. Great restaurants, laid back atmosphere, and just about everything you will need is within walking distance.

·
Registered
787 Posts
CEDAR KEY, wow that sounds great, 75 degrees, white sand beaches, water laping at my feet, relaxing under the umbrella, palm trees, gin and tonic with lime, shorts and tee shirt, conch soup. Back to reality, it is so damn cold right now in PA. and we have had cold ass temps and snow on the ground for over a month, not normal. I'm not sure how people in New England deal with this kind of weather and all the snow. The South is looking like a really nice place to retire to!!!!! Not being able to ride for 4 or 5 months out of the year really bites.
Sorry for the insane rant, I guess the cold got to me.:sun:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't miss Charlie's (seafood restaurant) in nearby Crystal River.

Check what may be going on at Cedar Key on the dates you plan to visit. It hosts some very congestive, very rowdy, very vulgar groups from time to time and there's only one way in and out.

If you are seeking peace and quiet in that part of the Gulf Coast, look into Steinhatchee, too.

Beware the Florida Highway Patrol between Perry and Chiefland. They have no sense of humor at all, and I think they all suffer from hemorrhoids.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Another Florida Q
I know I-10 is faster across the panhandle but is the trade off worth it riding the coast 98 to AL. And is beach camping OK ??
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts