1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Dave is a local, so he knows whereof he speaks. I've spoken directly to the hotel a couple of times. Quick summary, no damage to the hotel or the downtown area to speak of. Yeah, some high water around the area and some roads closed because of it presently, but no significant damage issues in the downtown area and the waterfront restaurants, bridges etc. Tunnels through town had water in them but it will pump out today, probably and be done with it. Also no damage at the Train Depot where we'll have the Tuesday reception. Sounds like the zoo got hit badly.

The money spent and the contribution of the business we'll bring in to the local tourism businesses and to our charity will mean just that much more to Duluth and its currently soggy citizens. I'm undeterred, it's gonna be another great one....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I rode through Duluth on June 13, and made a stop at Aerostich. Other than the bridge being closed going north, and some large puddles in low lying areas, everything seemed to be back to normal.

Edit: Whoops! I thought you were talking about the previous heavy rains! Didn't know Duluth got hit again!

·
Registered
558 Posts
As mentioned, the entities we're associated with seemed to have escaped harm-free. Divine intervention? Our friends at Positive Energy Outdoors were not affected by the floods at all and eagerly await our arrival. As Icepick mentioned, the hotel and train depot, both fine. Are we there yet??!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hwy 61 north of Duluth has already re-opened...as well as the I-35 underpass...they'll make quick work of there washouts.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts