BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the formation that I did this past weekend in Deland, Fl. Bike has been on the back burner for a while!

185 skydivers from about 23 countries were invited to participate. I’m at the end of the second string of bodies from the top, on the left wing..

This is the largest formation that I have been on and one of the most unique. We had 4 days to practice and it was completed on the last day at the last possible hour before people had to leave to catch flights home.

(I can't get the picture to upload so I'll have to find another a little later)

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Very cool.
Any YouTube video of the formation coming together?

Q. Why is skydiving such an easy sport?
A. It is impossible to miss hitting the ball.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sorry Dan... I have a "height" problem... During the last set of pictures I looked at from you caused me to fall out of my chair. The folks in the office said I said I looked like a ghost and babbled things about insane people jumping out of perfectly good and working airplanes...

Just be damn careful sir... that many folks and a simple mistake create real problems...

Don't forget, on my bucket list: "Shake the hand of DanDiver" is on there....

P.S. Why don't you take up a real safe sport... like darts! :D

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a link to the video of the Texas State Record that I did last week. 168 skydivers. There are other video's of different skydives that we did on this site too.

http://www.bigwayvideos.com/video.php?video_id=55

www.bigwayvideos.com

I'm one of the last ones out of the airplane in this video. Pretty cool to go directly out of the tail. It is called a Skyvan.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Our local news carried your event for it's closing...pretty cool...if I ever meet you can I have an autograph? Not often you get to communicate with celebrities... :rotf:

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(blush!)

The friends that I skydive with would be really giving me a hard time after reading that last comment because they are some of the best in the world at what they do, and I'm just on the fringe, eager to participate in the world events that they either organize or promote.

THEY are the real celebrities in a very small and talented global community.

I've been skydiving casually since the mid 80's and really only got serious about these larger formations about 8 years ago. I still have to "qualify" to get invited and feel privileged when the organizers invite me. I have a long way to go to get as good as most of them are and am always learning.

Here is a picture of that last formation that someone took from the ground. At this point, just before we separated and opened our parachutes, we were about 8-9,000 feet above the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I don't know Dan. I am thinking you fall just about as fast as the other guys and you still know where to go. Very cool hobby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts