BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago there was a thread on the flag pole. I have added some pictures and description to my web album on the Gold Wing flag pole that I installed to my LT a year ago. I bit the bullett and purchased a OEM CB antenna bracket and used that as my flag pole base.
This setup has been tested on the German autobahns at 200 kph with a Finnish flag flying and both the pole and flag held together...:p

The pics are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/FLAGPOLE

Regards

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ari...Very cool. Thanks for the pictures. I was just trying to figure out how to mount a Goldwing folding antenna on my LT because my LT antenna hits the bottom of my garage door when I enter and leave because the garage door height is very low. So far my project doesn't look promising.

Thanks for all the other project writeups you have shared with the forum members.

Best regards from Chicago

·
Registered
287 Posts
no way...

pozo_izquierdo said:
A while ago there was a thread on the flag pole. I have added some pictures and description to my web album on the Gold Wing flag pole that I installed to my LT a year ago. I bit the bullett and purchased a OEM CB antenna bracket and used that as my flag pole base.
This setup has been tested on the German autobahns at 200 kph with a Finnish flag flying and both the pole and flag held together...:p

The pics are here:

Regards
I was just logging on to the site to ask any advice as to how to mount flags on LT's and RT's. Too Weird.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:

The pics are here:

Regards
Ari:

Are you SURE we're not twin sons of different mothers?

Here's what I was doing with REAL flagpole mounts just today... :rotf:

..and yes, the umbrella fits inside the trailer, and was $15.00... :p ;)

Unfortunately, it failed in the parking lot at 10 kph. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ari,

Just came in from the garage where I was making one to fly a large flag in the parade Saturday week, about 5000 bikes riding through town.

Mine mounts on the Uni Go coupling, I'll take some photos in the morning when the paint dries and post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Daza said:
Ari,

Just came in from the garage where I was making one to fly a large flag in the parade Saturday week, about 5000 bikes riding through town.

Mine mounts on the Uni Go coupling, I'll take some photos in the morning when the paint dries and post them tomorrow.
Here's a couple of photos of my Uni-Go flag mount....

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice job guys!
Ari, what is the guage mounted next to the speaker in the top box for?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daza said:
Hi Daz,

nice setup for the parade use. I could make something similar to mount on the Dauntless hitch receiver if only I could figure out an occasion to use it...:p

Regards

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
This has been and interesting thread to read through. For those folks that have trailer hitches on their bikes, except for UniGo, you can find a flag adapter for you hitch at Flag Pole To Go. The motorcycle mount is at the bottom of the page, but there are plenty of other options for temporarily flying a flag.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Daza said:
Very nice job! Could I encourage you to make another one and sent it to me? Of course I'd pay you a fair amount for the materials and your time. :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:

The pics are here:

Regards
Hi Ari
Thank you for sharing a very interesting solution and all the other stuff, amazing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My good friend manufactured the bracket from 5mm stainless steel. Just cut in the shape, drilled 2 holes, one for the stainless steel rod and other one for antenna base to go through. The bracket and the rod ( pole ) was then sanded... and sanded...... and sanded smooth, and finally polished. We made a m6 thread in the end of the pole for nut. Then just thighten the bracket between the base and the base where the antenna is attached. Also I cut the plastic cover from right hight so that You put the lower piece under the bracket and the top half above the bracket. To tighten the bracket there makes the pole stand in same angle as the antenna. Actually very simple solution, and dosen´t cost much. Works fine, tested with flag at 90 mph. Jari

·
Registered
287 Posts
I need one, well ok really want one, in the next couple of weeks for a charity ride I am on from Seattle to Toronto. Since I am not the Baron who fabs things in his sleep I don't think I could manage this in the time frame. Would you be willing to part with one (for a price) and have another made tp replace yours when needed? Of course this assumes that you don't fly the flag on a regular basis. Let me know. Thanks Ken

·
Registered
98 Posts
I let You know tomorrow. If My friend is not too busy he can make one for You in a day. If not, You can have mine. I let You know the price if he makes one for You. There will be some shipping costs too, but the bracket and the pole does not weight much. This design is for the CB antenna on the right side. The radio antenna on left has different kind of base. Let me know the lenght of the pole You want, mine is 60 cm. Jari
P.S. If You can find somebody in this forum who is familiar working with stainless steel, You are welcome to "steel" the design:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
pomppe said:
I let You know tomorrow. If My friend is not too busy he can make one for You in a day. If not, You can have mine. I let You know the price if he makes one for You. There will be some shipping costs too, but the bracket and the pole does not weight much. This design is for the CB antenna on the right side. The radio antenna on left has different kind of base. Let me know the lenght of the pole You want, mine is 60 cm. Jari
P.S. If You can find somebody in this forum who is familiar working with stainless steel, You are welcome to "steel" the design:)

I need one for the Radio antenna if that is possible. 60 cm seems to look good. Holy cow you are in Finland. Yeoow. That could be pricey! Let me know sir. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Andy

Can you change Ken's "hdfan" and maintain his history for him?

Dude... you really gotta get "ltfan" or something.

I mean... I like HD and spent many hours on several... no dissin hear but comon I gotta ride over 5,000 with you.

You got the bike... now let go...

ZBaron

1 - 20 of 27 Posts