BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a chance to get out on my 2015 GTL-E a lot more than I was predicting (weather has changed for the better). I have my first 1000km (600 mile) in a couple of weeks and I am already at 1000km. I was curious if anybody has any feedback about what the maximum distance is before that first service. When I booked it, the manager said he would rather see me at 1,300km than 750km. But he never gave me an upper limit.
I really don't want to park it for the next 2 weeks...I bought it to RIDE it!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
The first service is mainly an oil change & a general check over the bike. If you are worried about adding more miles just change the oil your self now & then take the bike in for the checkup when your appointment come around. My 600 mile check was done at 1000 miles then I changed the oil again at 4K then 8K then 12K. After that I've done it every 6K.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. My last 2 bikes had their first find changed at 350 miles and 1500 respectively. the first one I brought back early for parts that came in and the 2nd I took a little trip the day after I bought it. As Steve suggests, its easy to do yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts