BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is for you I can't make it during the week weenies.
We're gonna have our first Ride To Eat/Ride To Meet (RTE/RTM) on Saturday, January 6, 2007 gathering around 11:30 at:

Fresh Air Barbeque
1164 Highway 42
Flovilla, GA

We're got a paticipation event included in this little git together, so let's see how many folks we can get there. In case of inclement weather, coming by any means other than the scoot is totally acceptable.

Cut and paste to the list below:

1 & 2) Steve and Connie Rowe

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Thinking hard about it. Only 4 hours from my house.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'd be glad to have ya' John.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
3 & 4) John and Janie Rehder

·
Registered
510 Posts
5 & 6) Perry & Cherie Ridgway

Never been to this BBQ place? Looking forward to it.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Great, you're finally doing an RTE on one of the few days that I can actually make a RTE, but I will be traveling on business!

Where is Floville anyway?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pkpr1998 said:
Where is Floville anyway?
What's the matter, can't you Google Flovilla, GA? ;) And it actually closer to Jackson than Flovilla. On the right as you head from Jackson to Flovilla.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
7 & 8) Gilda and Jay Slomka

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Re: Fresh Air

Well that is less than 2 hrs from me and the OH says it depends on the weather. She won't ride in the wet or the cold. So the outlook at the is point is MAYBE.

John and Cindy Carver

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fresh Air Barbeque

Cut and paste your name below:

9 & 10) John and Cindy Carver (maybe)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
drive in the car

Janie and I are driving in the car, so can you!

JCarver said:
Well that is less than 2 hrs from me and the OH says it depends on the weather. She won't ride in the wet or the cold. So the outlook at the is point is MAYBE.

John and Cindy Carver

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cars, shmars

johnrehder said:
Janie and I are driving in the car, so can you!
We're only coming in the car if it is cold, or wet or both.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please sign the list

If you have any inkling that you're going to come, please, please go to the list and sign up. That way we'll know how many to plan for and try and getting seating for all of us close together. Just copy the list from a post and add your name to the bottom.

So far we're at 8 and 2 maybes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fresh Air Barbeque

Fresh Air Barbeque

Cut and paste your name below:

11 & 12) Bill & Susan Currier (probably)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Was kind of hoping there would be a mass turn-out on a weekend event. Like a lot of others, I have voiced my two cents on why we could not have at least a few weekend meets occasionally. If we don't get a few more people the weekday only gatherings will be hard to object to. I know everyone has other things happening in their life and prior plans, but it is nice to meet other riders whenever possible. Plus we are talking BBQ, hopefully great BBQ!!!!!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
[size=3Okay, this is for you [color=Green]I can't make it during the week weenies

it's only about 110 miles from me, but it don;t look like I will make it this time, we need to drop a bike off saturday and possibly head back to FL and pick up our other car

maybe next time

it's supposed to be 67 up here this weekend too nice riding weather

Tom

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom, We'll miss you and Karen this weekend. Hate to hear that you've got to go back to Florida. If you need to talk, I'll be on the cell tomorrow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
11) Keith Grier

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
CRAP! I had plans for riding saturday and we got to go do something right in the MIDDLE of that day that will end up ruining the whole riding day, I bet. Maybe next time, hopefully.

Randy

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
oknplm said:
Was kind of hoping there would be a mass turn-out on a weekend event. Like a lot of others, I have voiced my two cents on why we could not have at least a few weekend meets occasionally. If we don't get a few more people the weekday only gatherings will be hard to object to. I know everyone has other things happening in their life and prior plans, but it is nice to meet other riders whenever possible. Plus we are talking BBQ, hopefully great BBQ!!!!!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

It is easy to meet others up here, there are always a few LT's running around the N GA mountains.

Also at adventure riders they have a meet about every week in the atlanta area, we just had one lunch up here in Dahlonega not long ago, I think 13 bikes showed up for that lunch and some had a ride before lunch

Tom

1 - 20 of 33 Posts