BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great trip! Went from Hampton, VA to Shanendoah mts, ranthe Blue Ridge for about a hundred miles, camped for two nights at Sherando Lake, rode a lot of great roads especially rt 252 out of Stanton to 39 thru Goshen Pass. What a great road! Came home via rt 6 then rt 5 after Richmond to Williamsburg then on to Col Parkway. I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway and caught up to another rider on another Lt riding double. Followed for about 10 miles and would have stopped if they had but they never did but they were riding well and showed how good the LT handles even two up! I finally passed and eventually they pulled off at the Ranger Station/rest area south of Waynseburo. My LT was loaded with camp gear, food, a chair and almost anything I wanted to take! Handling was very good and when hustling thru on 252 it was ever bit as good as my 06 Concours (last year of old style) but much much more comfortable and capable of carrying much more! The new Battle axes were outstanding as well! all in All a great first trip. Averaged about 47mpg for the trip. I almost had a gotcha when coming down rt 5 into Williamsburg as there were no gas stations for quite a while and my gauge went from12 to -- I eased up and rode for at least another 20 min before finially hitting a gas station! I rode at least 20 miles and was at 312 for the tank! When I filled it up it took 5.9 so I still had some to go but it was a little nerve racking! All told a great start to a beautiful relationship!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not sure you can beat the LT for a highway trip. I love my Valkyrie, the sound, power and even the handling, BUT the windshield adjustability, electronic cruise and the gas mileage beats it out by a bunch. OH, I used to have a Suzuki GSS650G, my first shaft drive bike that was one of my favorites, and once bitten by the shaft drive bug have never had anything else.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Battle Axes?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Sit said:
Battle Axes?
Bridgestone BT-020 tires, part of their BattlAx line of tires.

Either that or he had to fight his way out of a really tough neighborhood... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I didn't think the Battle Axe was rated for the LT.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I sure hope they are, as many of us run them, myself included.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dug deep into their web site and found them, cool. My question though, the rating, 79V, is that all we need or do we also need the reinforced designation too? Other than that, how do they ride, what kind of mileage are you getting out of the tire? Sorry for the hijack, you can PM me if you don't mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts