BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've ventured a little further from home, about 200 miles one way. Left in the morning, made it to my destination with one coffee break. On the way home had to stop twice, only ten minutes. Great ride, Big Blue rides like a dream. The only unpleasant part was crossing Toronto, one needs four sets of eyes, you really notice the idiots on the road when riding a bike.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It's amazing how you notice that when you aren't in a cage yourself. You are going to love riding big blue much more...once you do your first big trip you will be hooked. :bike:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congrats on your ride, they will keep getting longer and longer. You'd better get in all the miles you can before the Canadian winter sets in ;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi - you have to take a run up to Bancroft area, across 118 to 35 - anywhere north of Lindsay you are on the shield and the roads are all hilly and curvy - the worst part of the ride is the straight line roads to get there - you are closer than I am in Markham. Hwy 35 up to Dorset is nice, lots of lakes and rivers, very scenic

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congratulations! I used to live in Toronto in the '80s and remember the 401. Riding through this summer on my way to Idaho (via "North of Lake Superior") I foolishly allowed the GPS to direct me onto the collector lanes even though I was heading way west of the airport.
WHAT A ZOO!!

Come ride in the Adirondacks/Vermont sometime.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Not bad for someone new to 'long distance' riding, good job. Before long you'll be dreaming about a serious multi-day ride. There is no better way tour Canada and/or the US.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wrmoss said:
It's amazing how you notice that when you aren't in a cage yourself. You are going to love riding big blue much more...once you do your first big trip you will be hooked. :bike:
Already hooked! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts