BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 08'RT out for 385 miles Sat. 18K on bike and have yet to perform the scheduled service though many of the items have been addressed prior.(diff change, brake bleeds. Seems to have a painful seat/bars vibration above 4.5k rpm. First time ever felt this on any BMW I have owned. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I did have the 600, 6k and 12k services done. I also rode 100 and 200 miles days prior this spring. Started it up when I got home from work and it seems to idle rougher then the 11' I played with Sat. I talked to a retired mechanic and thinks it is possible it may have a bad coil.....Anyone? help.... :(

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Sounds like it is due for some sort of service at 18K. Did you go over the bike before the new season?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had it in the shop in Oct for rear tire and brake line recall. The service light came on 2 weeks later. Took it back this spring and they told me it was due for the 18k service but since the FD fluid was changed from a seal leak and the brakes were flushed the only thing left was the TB sync and valves. :confused: This just started in the last 120miles. I use stabil in the fall with fresh gas. I have ran 3 tanks through it since...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts