BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I have a 2001 LT and would like to move my Garmin 2610 from the stingray up to the map light area above the instrument panel. Im looking for the mount the attaches to the frame under the map light which will then hold the garmin holder. BMW showes the part to be NLA (no longer available).

I think i could use a picture of the part to fab something that woud work, or if anyone has a mount sitting around. But i have a feeling that there is something out there.

Yes, I know BMR makes a nice shelve but not interested in that, I would like the original.

Any help is greatly accepted.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I don't think you could get one from BMW but here are a couple photos of what it looks like and the installation instructions first page with part number. There a couple parts I left out of the photo, mounting plate for the GPS and a rubber filler for the map light.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
How's is this mounted on the frame, welded or bolted on? I have one on my bike but don't want it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Take a look at the photo's and you will see a screw near the top. That screw replaces the one under the dash behind the map light. You will need to remove the rubber plug to get to it. The bent open ends hook over the frame, also under the dash. Installation instruction have you removing the windshield and the dash to install it.

BTW: The installation instructions are posted in the files area on the site.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JOHN, thanks so much for the pic's, great help.

KIMO, if you remove yours, I would be interested in liberating it, PM me if you are interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts