BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've done plenty of tupperware removal before but this time I'm adjusting or replacing the throttle pot. I need to get past the air box to the throttle bodies and have never removed it before. I found the screws on the inlet duct. And it looks like the box is fastened to the throttle bodies with clamps that are pretty much buried under the airbox. Is there a trick to removing the airbox? Do I need to remove the clamps? Special tool? Reusable?

Any advice is welcome.
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two of the clamps have a screw head on them similar to a regular hose clamp and the other two are crimped on, I cut those off and ordered two from BMW to replace them, but you have to be carefull on reassembly that the head of the clamp doesn't bind the throttle linkage!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,135 Posts
Far easier access is made by just unscrewing the clamps under the TBs and pulling the whole airbox/TB assembly. That will give you easy access to the TPS

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
Are the clamps under the throttle bodies reusable or do they need to be replaced? If not reusable, do they require a special crimping tool?

Every time I take the bike apart, I learn something new. Ill be checking out the new software for the GS911 which now has the ability to adjust the TPS.

Thanks for all the help.
Bob

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,135 Posts
They are reusable screw clamps. Just note where the screw is when you loosen it and make sure it stays there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts