BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got to ride my new LT!!!! It has been sitting in the garage since I brought it home on a trailer two months ago. I live a mile down a private road that has been covered in ice. Most of the ice is gone, but lots of mud. I decided today is the day. Kind of dicey going through the mud and dodging potholes, but made it off my road. Then for the fun!

I have spent the last three seasons on an '86 goldwing. The LT is not a goldwing. What a ride!!! I only rode 65 miles, but it was great. It was 45 degrees today, gotta say, I like the heated grips and seat. I love this bike.
It is definatley fast! At least faster than I am used to. Have to get used to revving it so high though. Love the way it corners. Definatley have to get used the brakes, they are right there!!

I made it home, and put it back into the garage. She'll sit there for few more days, since we are getting another 4 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow. Oh well, at least I finally got to ride it. Here's to many many more miles and smiles!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know the feeling. I bought my 06 in Feb and has been sitting in the previous owner's garage ever since. He has been good enough to store it (I already paid full price)until the weather gets better. Hoping to "break the ice" this Saturday to bring her home.

enjoy the season!!!

Mauro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts