BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If only it would dry out a little in Minnesota so I can give my seat a good try out. Took it out in the rain because I couldn't wait, much better than my stock seat. I should have gotten custom seats on all of the bikes I've owned. Even the Mick O Pegs are more comfortable because they raised the seat up. I totally can't wait for it to dry out a bit. The backrest makes a HUGE difference in comfort. Definitely would recommend a custom seat, whichever company you get it from.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Turn the heat on and it is always dry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh let me know

I also live in Minnesota or is it London. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so I'll ride.

Please let us know what you think of the Russell seat. Did you get leather, vinyl, or velour?

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
pictures, man, pictures

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sheinzer said:
I also live in Minnesota or is it London. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so I'll ride.

Please let us know what you think of the Russell seat. Did you get leather, vinyl, or velour?

Steve
I got leather. rode around this afternoon. I think they did a great job on the seat. they raised it up a few inches which makes it a lot more comfortable in the riding position. Before I could put my whole foot flat on the ground, now it's just the balls of my feet. Now I'm worried that the windshield I got isn't high enough for the wife. I got a cee bailey shield a couple months ago, the wife loved it, but if they raised the height of her seat too, I may be selling the shield and getting a new one again. Live and learn I guess. I'll try to put pictures of my seat on here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you sell the windshield, let me know..
Also, what year is your LT? I have a 04 and the seat really seems o.k. (put 7K on this summer) But if it can be improved.....
It seems like the factory seats from the 05s & newer must be different from the 04s & older.
Waiting for pics.
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts