BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've monitored this site for a couple of years and registered a year ago or so. I want to thank everyone that gave me adivce and help. I finally flew from Birmingham to Chicago yesterday and bought a 2002 LT with only 9K miles on it. It was well taken care of seems to be in great shape so far. I rode 823 miles from his house to mine yesterday with no problems. It lived up to the hype on the long trip!! My first BMW..well first anything other than a Harley. I've had three of them, and after the trip wouldn't trade all of them for the LT. I was ready to jump back on it today, but couldn't...can't wait to get on it again. Again, THANKS to everyone. Hope to get to know some of you better now that I feel like I belong to a special group of owners/rides.

Todd

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
longbowhunter said:
I've monitored this site for a couple of years and registered a year ago or so. I want to thank everyone that gave me adivce and help. I finally flew from Birmingham to Chicago yesterday and bought a 2002 LT with only 9K miles on it. It was well taken care of seems to be in great shape so far. I rode 823 miles from his house to mine yesterday with no problems. It lived up to the hype on the long trip!! My first BMW..well first anything other than a Harley. I've had three of them, and after the trip wouldn't trade all of them for the LT. I was ready to jump back on it today, but couldn't...can't wait to get on it again. Again, THANKS to everyone. Hope to get to know some of you better now that I feel like I belong to a special group of owners/rides.

Todd
Welcome to the family, Todd. Great way to take ownership of an LT - ride a bunch of miles, grin a bunch of smiles, and wanna git back on and do it some more!! All in one day!! :thumb:

Ride safe - off the clock and on the clock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats

I wish my first experience had been so wonderfull. Picking it up was great, riding it home was also. The problem came the next day when driving home from showing it off at my brothers, the engine blew!

381 miles total on the bike... I didn't even get a chance to finish breaking it in!

·
Registered
912 Posts
2002 with 9k? Wow, nice find. And like he said, what a way to start. Glad you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Todd

Well done mate, i'm also new to the world of LT's and love mine from the minute i picked it up, have had it since march and have put about 4500kms on it mainly all two up. Hope you keep enjoying it as much as i do.

Keep the smile, it won't fade but then again i seem to smile no matter which of my bikes i ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. Glad to be a part of nice group of people. I'm looking forward to many more miles on it. I never thought that after riding that long in one day, I'd be itching to hit the road again for a longer trip!! Just have to find the time...

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
longbowhunter said:
Thanks everyone. Glad to be a part of nice group of people. I'm looking forward to many more miles on it. I never thought that after riding that long in one day, I'd be itching to hit the road again for a longer trip!! Just have to find the time...
Well, go to the top of this page and click on the Curve Cowboy Reunion and get signed up. It would be a great ride and a great place to meet others. You will NOT be disappointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts