BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my '01 all the way to the valve train and need a BUNCH of parts. Who do you guys and gals GO TO for your parts? Would you believe I just now found out Chicago is CLOSED? Wow, time sure flies!

Also, anybody know where I can get a steering damper? Or maybe a kit to rebuild the one I have? I'm not at all sure I can get the bolt out though - had to drill it out of the fork brace - it is welded into the damper!

Thanks in advance for any advice on any of the above!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Nobody does a standard discount all the time like Chicago did (and that was a while ago). Bob's and Hermy's do seasonal 20%. When all else fails I just use Max BMW as they usually have free shipping if you buy enough. Some times A & S out west has a sale too.

When you say all the way to the valve train do you mean removing the head or are you just doing valve adjustment?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going down to the cam chest to replace the tensioning sliders. Valves are fine. I sure hope I can get this beast back together - I got pulled off during disassembly for a month and now have no idea about order of reassembly! Such a complex unit! Any idea about a replacement or rebuild kit for the steering damper?

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Nobody does a standard discount all the time like Chicago did (and that was a while ago). Bob's and Hermy's do seasonal 20%. When all else fails I just use Max BMW as they usually have free shipping if you buy enough. Some times A & S out west has a sale too.

When you say all the way to the valve train do you mean removing the head or are you just doing valve adjustment?
And M&Ms, but just the plain kind not th much better peanut M&Ms. :grin:

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Going down to the cam chest to replace the tensioning sliders. Valves are fine. I sure hope I can get this beast back together - I got pulled off during disassembly for a month and now have no idea about order of reassembly! Such a complex unit! Any idea about a replacement or rebuild kit for the steering damper?
Just curious as to why you are replacing the sliders?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts