BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've begun to refer to my bike by another name. It's been several months since my last encounter with any avian "fly-over" evidence, so the CrAFT (Chromium Avian Farkle Target) no longer sticks....so to say. On Father's Day I made this post to the forum where I debated changing the name of the bike to 'Tickets' because I thought that I would be receiving a few performance achievement awards from the local officers. While that has not been the case, I've thought about the name and it sticks due to the numerous lottery runs I've made for Powerball tickets in North Carolina. If you're still searching for a name for your ride, just give it some time and it will come to you. I tried to name my bike shortly after it landed in the garage, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Naming a motorcycle can be frustating. However, I have found in the past if you just ride her as usual as well as admire her for a while her name will come to be. My wife and I have ridden our 99lt for two years so far but haven't come up with an appropriate name as of yet. Patients has always been one of my virtues so when all the factors fall into place at the right time and place we know she will be labelled once and for all. Good luck on naming her but wait to be sure her name is appropriate.

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
My wife simply calls the bike The Mistress.

"Where's Ken?"

"Oh, he's off with The Mistress again. I'll probably hear from him in a day or two." :D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
In my case, I unknowingly purchased a very loving mistress that has a well documented albeit sorted history. She began life in New Braunfels, Tx with a knowledgeable gent before she was "traded" for a younger one (you know how those Texans are). Then she was exploited for her body to a well known "offender" in Sacramento, Ca Ultimately, she was sent to a Doctor in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, hoping she could be rehabilitated. I believe. The doctor gave up very shortly, as she has a terrible wild streak and then I found her. With the history the old girl has, she still keeps me "satisfied" and she has no problem keeping up with the younger ones.... :D

Although she has a new set of implants (clutch and GB)! :histerica

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
don't take it too seriously..........one must remember they are an inanimate object........it's only logical................live long and prosper............. :histerica

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
My wife call mine my second wife. I think of it as my black beauty.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
meese said:
My wife simply calls the bike The Mistress.

"Where's Ken?"

"Oh, he's off with The Mistress again. I'll probably hear from him in a day or two." :D
At least your wife has a sense of humor about it. My wife doesn't like any jokes referring to that subject. And saying, " Just kiddin' honey", doesn't cut it either.

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Razmataz said:
At least your wife has a sense of humor about it.
Yeah, I nabbed a good one. :)

Why, she didn't even mind when I took ol' Barbara out for a spin down the Dragon and across the Cherohala a few years back (Hi there, Hoss :D).

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
shoswell said:
In my case, I unknowingly purchased a very loving mistress that has a well documented albeit sorted history. She began life in New Braunfels, Tx with a knowledgeable gent before she was "traded" for a younger one (you know how those Texans are). Then she was exploited for her body to a well known "offender" in Sacramento, Ca Ultimately, she was sent to a Doctor in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, hoping she could be rehabilitated. I believe. The doctor gave up very shortly, as she has a terrible wild streak and then I found her. With the history the old girl has, she still keeps me "satisfied" and she has no problem keeping up with the younger ones.... :D

Although she has a new set of implants (clutch and GB)! :histerica
I don't know how to break this to you... so I might as well come right out and say it straight up:

Your mistress had a "sleepover" at my house before moving in with that miscreant in Sacramento. ( :wave ) She really got around. :D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
meese said:
Why, she didn't even mind when I took ol' Barbara out for a spin down the Dragon and across the Cherohala a few years back (Hi there, Hoss :D).
RonKMiller said:
Your mistress had a "sleepover" at my house before moving in with that miscreant in Sacramento. ( :wave ) She really got around. :D
That Slut!!!!! I never knew she got around as much.... :p

ehh, who taught her to do that thing with the socket? :crazy:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have an LT. I call it "Brake Failure" because that is first thing it says every day. :bmw:

Bil

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good for ya. It's sometimes hard to call something by name and then BLAM, it hits you. Tickets is cool!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I have an 05 LT and never named it but my wife did. It is the DDM, which stands for the "damn, dumb, motorcycle". Probably fitting since she has never set a foot on the thing! I started calling the DDM the first year and oh well.

Terry

·
Registered
607 Posts
After my Helga (stereotypical German name) was totaled last spring, I picked up her replacement near Nashville.

Dolly came to mind immediately since:
1. She is so damn top heavy
2. I bought her from the neighbor of Dolly Parton's former personal assistant.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
GlennM86 said:
After my Helga (stereotypical German name) was totaled last spring, I picked up her replacement near Nashville.

Dolly came to mind immediately since:
1. She is so damn top heavy
2. I bought her from the neighbor of Dolly Parton's former personal assistant.
You're only the latest in a very long string to come up with the name "Dolly" for just the reason you state. Fortunately, I was never one of them.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I used to simply refer to her as the "fat lady" who could dance once out of her chair till one day my wife overheard me talking to another rider at a rest stop and assumed I was referring to her (wife). Since that day, which will remain in my memory for ever, I refer to my LT as Clementine - as she reminds me of that old Bobby Darin song - Chubby Clementine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts