BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some information on how easy/hard replacing a final drive would be. I know the informaiton is already available but the site is blocked at work and searching on my smart phone is slow. Would someone please post the link to the steps to replace a final drive? The plan is to order a used one and swap them out and rebuild mine if possible. Failed at 79K and 700 miles from home. U-hauled it home, OUCH!!!.

Thanks

Mitch
K1200LT 2002

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Got a better idea. PM CharlieVT and ask him for his link to the video that shows the work. He's the man to ask.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,919 Posts
Just use the first part of the weep hole procedure - should take about 30 minutes to swap out a rear drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
jzeiler said:
Just use the first part of the weep hole procedure - should take about 30 minutes to swap out a rear drive.[/QUOTE}DOH!!!! Why didn't I think of that? :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. Looks easy. I am going to say it will take me a bit longer but better slow and careful than to over look something or cross thread something.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Have a few extra hand about when putting that FD unit back on. I found I was short by at least 3 hands!
I is a straight forward job, but pay attention to the pivot torque elements and retorque after 500 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts