BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought having a final drive rebuild sounded expensive until I visited my local Dodge dealer yesterday. My Dakota pickup stopped blowing hot air and it needs a new "air blend door" up under the dash. It's a small plastic door that controls how much outside air comes into the HVAC system when it's running. $2000.00. WHAT?????? Yes, but that's almost entirely labor to remove and reinstall the dash, etc. I have never been a big believer in service contracts but when I bought this truck new I took one. Wow. $100.00 deductible and I'm home free. It's gonna be a good Christmas after all. :D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yup. We riders do lose perspective at times. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
353 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
I thought having a final drive rebuild sounded expensive until I visited my local Dodge dealer yesterday. My Dakota pickup stopped blowing hot air and it needs a new "air blend door" up under the dash. It's a small plastic door that controls how much outside air comes into the HVAC system when it's running. $2000.00. WHAT?????? Yes, but that's almost entirely labor to remove and reinstall the dash, etc. I have never been a big believer in service contracts but when I bought this truck new I took one. Wow. $100.00 deductible and I'm home free. It's gonna be a good Christmas after all. :D

I am surpized that a BMW owner would own a dodge :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Newf said:
I am surpized that a BMW owner would own a dodge :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw: :bmw:

Look up the word DODGE in the dictionary... "TO AVOID" :histerica

·
Registered
679 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
Look up the word DODGE in the dictionary... "TO AVOID" :histerica
FYI...I had a Dodge Caravan C/V That I used for my contracting business for 12 years, and when I got out of contracting, I sold it with 230K to a flower delivery business and it is still in service....final tally was 1 tranny @ 160K for $1900 w/ 3 year warrenty from chrysler, and 1 radiator for $300..The 3.3L v6 motor was without fail, never replaced an alternator, or timing chain. And got 19mpg around town, and 25 on the highway. Maybe a fluke in production by Dodge, but I have another one (passenger style) with 192K and it runs like a top, and never misses a beat, comfortable and easy to drive....All car companies have their problems, and these can be amplified by the number of cars produced. But for me, in the last 20 years, I have owned 7 dodges, and everyone has been reliable, giving great service for 100 to 200+K miles each.
I LOVE MY K1200LT!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts