BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In answer to my previous inquiry (See: What's That On The Forks?), jwacree was kind enough to explain that the threaded tabs on the forks were used on the RS and GT models as additional mounting points for those models' front fender. On looking at images of those bikes, I think that the look of the fender is really quite handsome, and gives additional protection to the fork tubes, to boot. Have any of the Members swapped out the LT fender for one from a GT/RS? If so, what are your conclusions? Airflow issues? Mounting troubles? Looks like crap? Just asking....before I make a several hundred dollar mistake.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, I didnt go for the RS/GT but on my 2001 -(2004) fitted a R1100RT, small adjustments looks great! I'd do it again

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manfred: I like it! What modifications, if any, were necessary to attach it? I'm figuring that the KRS and KGT fenders would be a simple bolt-on proposition. I'm not sure with the R-fender, but I love the look. Really complements the curves of the K-bike.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Dragonwing said:
Manfred: I like it! What modifications, if any, were necessary to attach it? I'm figuring that the KRS and KGT fenders would be a simple bolt-on proposition. I'm not sure with the R-fender, but I love the look. Really complements the curves of the K-bike.
I agree, and the extra protection to keep bugs off the forks and calipers is a nice added bonus. Since LT fenders have a habit of cracking if the one I replaced does it again this would be a no brainer alternative... I think it blends in well! Kind of has the old K1 bike look to it... without being so Buck Rogers. :D

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts