BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Fenda Extenda tonight but don't like the screws it came with. I doesn't seem right to have the sharp screw points so close to the tire. Any good install tips?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Joe.. I'd put some stainless bolts from the inside...that way you have a "smooth" surface on the inside. I would use some "nylock" nut and stainless washer to assemble. Once you do that, you'll have some "clean" showing on the outside. I've seen some real "shallow" nylocks that should do a real nice job.

If there is too much of the bolt showing, just cut with a Dremel "cutoff" wheel.

I'd say you could use some "skull" bolts like the HD guys use, but, that might not be too good on the LT..... unless you want parts falling off.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I used black nylon "Christmas Trees" that are commonly used to attach fender liners in cars. Available at any hardware store in different sizes.

You may need to clip off a bit of the length with a pair of side cutters if they extend too far inside the fender. Bonus - they will never corrode.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Did the same job myself a few months back. Those screws are close, but I only make a mess trying to dremmel the ends off so left them.
I have checked the tires for marks, but they are obviously not touching.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ABS plastic epoxy. Make sure it is in the perfect spot then hold tight for 5 minutes, let dry overnight.

It will be a permanent part of your fender.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bora20 said:
ABS plastic epoxy. Make sure it is in the perfect spot then hold tight for 5 minutes, let dry overnight.

It will be a permanent part of your fender.
All by itself?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I Have had a front fenda extenda on for about 6000 miles, used the screws supplied, i filed the ends back a couple of millimetres after installation, no problems at all, i probably did not need to file the screws, but i just felt it couldnt hurt anyway.
Regards
Stevie

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
If it helps...I used some short Pop-rivets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts