2,399 Posts
Western NC, northeast GA, northwestern AR

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bob_menton said:
Western NC, northeast GA, northwestern AR
Also love NW AR.. Been there 3 times on multi-day trips. Very beautiful and each road holds something very special!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I have never rode in a place quite like the Canadian Rockies in 1973, but right up there with that trip was along the coast of Maine through all the little towns and villages (1975), that was also part of a trip into the mountains in New Hampshire and part of Maine..great memories, and a lot of great people I met along the way. The ride around the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada is one of the best bike rides on the planet (2008 on my LT). I still want to see a lot of country so the top place may be replaced by something else. Life is a never ending journey, especially on a bike.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hwy 1/101, Pacific Coast Hwy ,gets my vote. Done it North-South & South to North. Like it best after Labor day. Fewer land yachts & kids are back in school.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
amarider said:
Canyon lands of Utah for both street and dirt.
Great pics!! Looks like an awesome ride!! Do you carry a Jerry can? :)

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Pacicic Northwest

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
So far, Western North Carolina, with the canyons of California a not too distant second.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ridden a lot of the western U.S. and have too say there's no place like right out in our back yard here in Northern California.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
motorhead said:
Ridden a lot of the western U.S. and have too say there's no place like right out in our back yard here in Northern California.
My momma always said you were a smart man! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gpolakow said:
So far, Western North Carolina, with the canyons of California a not too distant second.
Got any reccomendations on Western NC aside from the obvious (Deals, Tail, etc.)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts