BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a preamble --- sometime in the fall, when it's not over a hunnert degrees at 3 am or a hunnert and lebben at elebben, howz 'bout a local lunch RTE some weekend? I'm gonna confess to a secret fav place to enjoy a great soup/salad/sandwich/dessert hideaway located in 'tween the Kerrville/Comfort/Bandera triangle.

Right here near the gateway to the Tejas Hill Country. I think their kitchen serving-size motto is - 'we don't want nuttin' left over night!' You will not go away hungry.

I'll resurrect this thread when summer cools down a bit. I'm sure some folks will find a nice ride in, or out, of the General Store area, to include a few twisties on one or more of the Twisted Sisters routes. Stay tuned.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Menu looks good I'm in when ever in my be.

Yo Alex you HAVE to work for me .... :histerica

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Looks like a perfect ride for lunch :)

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Dicke,
Did a "cut 'n paste" to my travel files for the time I visit the Tejas Hill Country.
Looks very interesting and reasonable as well.

Thanks for the post! :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
I bet Dick's never tried their Fudge Brownie Explosion, has he? :rolleyes:

Maybe if we just go there, it will make it seem cooler. :)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Heck, why not make it a regular RTE when temps get more civilized...

Our next RTE is up to Wisconsin in a couple weeks. High today is 70, high for the week is projected it upper 80s and cooling to low 80s for next week. Cannot wait 'til the WX here is TX gets back to those ranges. Kinda rough coming back to D/FW from SoCal where it barely scratched 80 in the Santa Monica/Malibu area. :D

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JimE said:
I bet Dick's never tried their Fudge Brownie Explosion, has he? :rolleyes:

Maybe if we just go there, it will make it seem cooler. :)
Actually Jim, I haven't!! I keep tryin' to run 'em outta Buttermilk pie and a dip of hard packed Blue Bell vanilla! Yummers! And as Ruthie sez - "come hungry, Dahlin'!!! :D

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PMitchell said:
Dicke,
Did a "cut 'n paste" to my travel files for the time I visit the Tejas Hill Country.
Looks very interesting and reasonable as well.

Thanks for the post! :bmw:
Hey, Paul - you coming to Tejas this year?? Maybe schedules can be arranged to join up at The General Store! Be great if so! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Dick said:
Hey, Paul - you coming to Tejas this year?? Maybe schedules can be arranged to join up at The General Store! Be great if so! :thumb:
Nope, saving vacation for another trip abroad. :dance:

Perhaps next year. I do want to ride the FAMOUS Tejas Hill Country!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh this place looks fun! And yes. . . they have PIE!!!! Of course that means I am "in."

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yo, gang...their open on Sundies also........just saying

1 - 11 of 11 Posts