BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received the Fashtek HID kit that was 75.00 delivered per the group buy deal. Question is I ordered the H7 4300? I hope this is for the low beam?
Can anyone tell me if that is so? Also I received no paperwork or instructions.
Is there a link someone can point me to on installation.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
hifiman said:
I just received the Fashtek HID kit that was 75.00 delivered per the group buy deal. Question is I ordered the H7 4300? I hope this is for the low beam?
Can anyone tell me if that is so? Also I received no paperwork or instructions.
Is there a link someone can point me to on installation.

Thanks
Yes...you got the correct one! Click on above to articles and you'll find instructions there!

Good luck!
Ken

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Looks like I will be installing today. From the instructions, looks like a pretty easy install and once again thanks to this forum and the people on it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Make sure you measure OD of the grommet. The instructions that Joe wrote up work fine but I found my hole for the grommet was actually 7/8" not 1". Just thought I would let you know. You will love the extra light at nite.:D

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I purchased from Fashtek last month. 7/8 is the size of the grommet I received. I went to the hardware store and purchased a holesaw and arbor to drill the dust cover. Cored a perfect hole. Found out a few moments later that the wire harness is just slightly larger, so I had to use a file and enlarge the hole. I never measured the hole, so I can't say how much bigger I made it. Just big enough for the harness to pass through, but not so big that the grommet doesn't fit securely. It had me slightly concerned at the moment.

From Joe's instructions on installing the other vendor's product (sorry, don't remember the vendor's name, CRS moment), you have to insert the wires through the grommet. Mine came as a complete unit. Less fiddle, but maybe less "Oh crap!" stress too.

The difference is lighting is phenomenal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts