1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some free time this weekend and did the following:
- installed Fuzeblock
- installed additional Powerlet on the right rear for the Battery Tender
- installed an SAE plug that I can use for a 12V socket (to charge cell phone, etc.)
- installed and hard wired a Garmin Zumo 550
- installed the PIAA 1100x lamps
- installed BMW auxiliary tail lamp

Everything went smoothly and is working. I got to learn how to remove Tupperware and best of all I had no screws left over! I used the GPS power supply plug for the relay triggers for both the Fuzeblock and PIAAs (they'll work with either low or high beams).

I found alot of valuable help here and want to thank all of you.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WimStang said:
Looks good. Were the lights a hard install?
Not bad. I probably had 3 hours in them. The hardest part was getting the right bracket for the 2011 RT. The PIAA Powersports kit 74124 doesn't work on the new bikes. I got the right bracket from PIAA. I fished the wires under the tank with a coat hanger. The switch is mounted on the clutch lever bracket. I ran the wires along side the other control wiring for the left handlebar. The relay is under the seat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
+1 - Nice!!!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I like that stop lamp, headed down to buy one this week too. I am going to look to see if I can also wire it with an isolation diode and a manual switch on a separate circuit so that the LED stop light can be used as a rear end fog light for those bad days you get cough out riding in the fog.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beech said:
I like that stop lamp, headed down to buy one this week too. I am going to look to see if I can also wire it with an isolation diode and a manual switch on a separate circuit so that the LED stop light can be used as a rear end fog light for those bad days you get cough out riding in the fog.
It lights as a running light with key on, then gets brighter with the brake application. It's pretty bright. The picture I posted shows it lit without the brakes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
GRB60 said:
It lights as a running light with key on, then gets brighter with the brake application. It's pretty bright. The picture I posted shows it lit without the brakes.

Looks great! If that's the same taillight they put on mine, it has a brief triple stutter the moment the brakes are applied, making it more noticable still. I enjoy the piaa lights too - mine stay on all the time. I admire your prowess at installation.
Best, John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts