BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike out of the shop after two weeks of retrofitting. Wow! What a difference. After 70,000 km., my shocks had the biscuit. I put on new Ohlins, front wheel bearings and a new stearing damper. The handling is unbelievably better. On the performance side I added a Remus exhaust and Rhinewest Chip. According to the before and after dyno's I got an extra 9 hp. out of the mod. The buzzing is gone between 4000 and 5000 RPM and the rev's spool up much faster. I wasn't sure I would like the extra noise, but the deep rumble makes the bike sound much better. I added a Cee Bailey's touring windshield +2. Much quieter with less buffetting. Also added some J-Pegs for more comfort on long rides. Seem to work just fine. I was thinking about getting a new bike, but with the farkles, I think the fat lady and I will be dating for some time to come.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike is a 1999 model. I live in Alberta, Canada, so unfortunately we are getting to the end of our season up here and within two weeks, the bike will be put away until spring. Wyoming is a beautiful place. Hope to get there next summer. Maybe we can go for a ride. Ron

·
Registered
675 Posts
Where in Alberta

Hello Ron - Where in Alberta are you located, what shop did you use and are you happy with them ?
Thanks
Roy Jorawsky
Strathmore

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where Am I?

I am in Edmonton. I went to Argyll Motor Sports in Edmonton to get my work done. They did a good job. The only issues I have with them, is that occassionally they are slow getting parts. Interestingly enough, I bought the bike at Blackfoot in Calgary, two months old with 8000 km. on it for $21,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts