BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a set of clear turn signal lenses from clearalternatives and installed them this morning on my 05 LT. They look great BUT......the supplied yellow bulbs are #1156 (single contact) I did not see that the orig. bulbs were #1157 (dual contact) After a short ride, I noticed the low beam headlight was not working! After backtracking and troubleshooting the problem I found that the large single contacts shorted out the light circuit and blew #5 7.5 amp fuse (low beam headlight)

IF YOU ARE GETTING ONE OF THESE KITS, BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NEED A PAIR OF #1157 YELLOW LENS BULBS. I have notified the company.

Hope this prevents someone from having a bad day...jim

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Jim, be advised that the early LTs only had single element bulbs, like 1156. It is only the latest generation, or those earlier LTs where we have done the conversion for running lights, that will have dual element bulbs. I assume yours must be one of the latter. Understand that they were not necessarily in error to send the single element bulbs for most of the bikes.

John

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
How did you get the #1156 bulbs to lock into the socket made for an #1157 bulb in the first place? The locking pins on an #1156 and #1157 bulb are not in the same position and it would be very difficult. :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1156 bulbs

guess what? THESE 1156 bulbs have staggard pins! I have NEVER seen this and I have been a professional mechanic for 35 years!!! Think I will hang them on the wall as a conversation piece!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts