BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh, it's that time of year again in the Texas Panhandle. The tumbleweeds are changing color. They've gone from bright green to dark grey. It won't be long until we dodge and curse them with a vengeance. Not as dangerous as forest rats, but more than a mere nuisance at 70mph! Think I'll collect a few and put them up for sale on E-Bay. If any list member wants any, you can have them at the Buy It Now price of $9.99 plus s&h. ;)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Rango....I've been attacked by one of those kritters. It was awful to say the least!!!
3 in the am...it was dark....there was not another soul on the hwy (87 betwixt Texline and Dalhart) one of those darn things came a runnin across the hwy in front of me. It must have been 4 ft in diameter. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Had me for a second - foilage in the PanHandle! ha ha ha...

I am sure someone would by 'em Rango - I think $9.99 may be a bit low though - they are genuine Texas tumblers!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tumblin' Tumbleweeds

oldrango said:
Ahhh, it's that time of year again in the Texas Panhandle. The tumbleweeds are changing color. They've gone from bright green to dark grey. It won't be long until we dodge and curse them with a vengeance. Not as dangerous as forest rats, but more than a mere nuisance at 70mph! Think I'll collect a few and put them up for sale on E-Bay. If any list member wants any, you can have them at the Buy It Now price of $9.99 plus s&h. ;)
Sheeeitzam boy, I think you've hit on sumpin. You need to attach a video clip of the sweet little veggie rodents runnin across the road in front of you. I bet, most of the people over the other side of the Mason/ Dixon don't even believ these things really exist. So, show em they're real, then let em buy a real piece of 'mericana. Tumblin' tumbleweeds.

You're gonna make a fortune. I'd buy one, if I hadn't cussed um so often, ridin' across the 'handle.

Do you really live in Dumbass...er I mean Dumas (the dumbasses live in big Houston). I spent 6 or 7 weeks in and out of Dumas last year, ridin my LT. Never saw another LT.

I should be back up that way again next year. I'll shoot you a note. Maybe you can point me to some good ridin.

Larry D.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Those things will scratch the paint on a cage too. They do look cool when they "explode on impact" though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts