BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the front fairing bracket and lived to tell about it?

Well to make a long story short,had a bad storm coming up and decided to load the big boy in the cargo trailer, have to use a ramp no drop ramp, wind caught the left door, latch broke with me about half way up knocked both of us off to the right and needless to say trashed the mirror, foot peg,safety bar,etc. Well you get the picture. Well I am expecting cosmetic damage you can see, no problem.
Contacted the insurance co.,Progressive, made an appointment with Capitol BMW, great guy's by the way, to have a estimate of the damages. Well $3755.33 to repair. This includes $990.00 labor ! It seems the fairing bracket is slightly bent will have to be replaced. So in my infinite wisdom I figure if they can do it so can I.
Looks like the whole front end will have to be disassembled, anyone with with any experience on this any help would be greatly appreciated. Got the tupperware off everthing down the power windshield gear loose. Looks like the radiator is next.
Well any one ever sitting in their favorite bar and heard the plaintive cry " help me help me I've fallen and I cant get up" thats how i'm feeling.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Our good friend Tandemcyclist changed one out sucessfully. Give him a PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts