BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched myself until my hands are number than a sportster rider coming of a 1000 mile day, and i can't confirm the factory part number for the clutch bleed fitting.

due the the erstwhile germans' tendency to label things as 'ventilation screw' (wtf?) and other phases which do not naturally occur in english... it would be nice if someone could confirm the factory part number... ;-)

i've seen too many stories of folks who bought aftermarket fittings... i already have the correct 10x1....and then didn't have the standard fitting operate the check valve that is in the bleed fitting... when i go to do this... i'd like to get it done.... ;-)

·
Registered
805 Posts
For a 2000 LT, the BMW part number for the clutch bleeder screw (Ventilation screw) is 32 72 2 333 158. It can be found on Diagram 21_0138 Clutch Control in the OEM exploded parts listing, which you can find at a number of places on the web, including A&S, one of our supporting vendors. Usual full disclosure, no relationship with BMW or A&S except as a customer, etc. HTH.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
The bleed screw for the rear brake works great if you replace the brakes with speed bleeders (10x1 S) then use the rear brake one to flush/bleed the clutch with a speed bleeder bag.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx gents....

....the diagram you cite was the one i was looking at, but the engineering diagram convention to indicate that one or the other of the two parts could be used was not followed. that combined with the funny naming made me a little unsure that was what i was looking at.

i feel better, now. ;-)

·
Registered
794 Posts
My '02 has several different sizes... :mad:

If I ever twist one off or something else, I will tap all of them and make them all the same.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the record... that part number ISN't correct...

ordered the part... went to the FLD... and it is EXACTLY as it appears in the fische.... its the entire fitting with the grub screw installed that screws into the top of the filler line.

no bleed fitting anywhere in sight.

i'm 98 % through with the total teardown that the replacement of my ABS-II servo unit entailed... here's hoping that the 10x1 that i bought at the local auto place is the correct length to operate the check valve in the 'ventilation screw' 'casude i still don't know what the factory number for the bleeder is. :-(

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
On my '99 the clutch bleed screw is the same one used on the brake calipers. Just a standard fitting. The one from the auto parts store is probably fine as long as the tip is the same, it has to press against a check valve ball to get things going.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Texas42 said:
The bleed screw for the rear brake works great if you replace the brakes with speed bleeders (10x1 S) then use the rear brake one to flush/bleed the clutch with a speed bleeder bag.
I have checked and this is correct for all model years. :bmw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts