BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use RainX anti-fog treatment. It works okay but I still get some fogging. Nothing to prevent forward view like I get without it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fog City is excellent, but.........they tend to scratch very easily if you are not VERY careful cleaning it.. I love mine, but the "Pin-Lock" anti fog system is better. Pricier, but better.
The fog city also tends to have a very slight "halo" effect with lights at night. Not bad, but something to be aware of. Only my 2 cents. :thumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have used Fog City and Pinlock products. I still have both but like the PinLock products more.
Larry

·
Registered
476 Posts
I personally wouldn't recommend RainX'ing a helmet shield or a motorcycle windshield - it works well for a while (I love it on auto windshields) but is known to yellow both plastic (polycarbonate) and lexan materials. I know of several people who used it on motorcycle windshields only to find themselves up for windshield replacement sooner than most.

I've found that Plexus works great if you use it on windshields and visors inside and out, not much fogging with it.

Hope this helps.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
On every bottle of RAIN-X it says do not use on plastics unless pre-approved by the manufacture.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I've been using Fog City on my shields for 15 years now. Although not perfect they work well and are relatively inexpensive. I just put a new set on the clear shield and mirrored shield of my new Qwest.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts