BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the F4 Windshield on the K1200? I would like to replace my stock Windshield, and noticed that F4 is making Windshields for the BMW now. They are highly scratch resistant, and have been used on Goldwings for a number of years. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Graybeard said:
Is anyone using the F4 Windshield on the K1200? I would like to replace my stock Windshield, and noticed that F4 is making Windshields for the BMW now. They are highly scratch resistant, and have been used on Goldwings for a number of years. Any thoughts?
I try to have no thoughts what's so ever...
I have a Cee Bailey's.
Replaced the OEM shield years ago.
Cee Bailey's eliminated the buffeting of the OEM and has been good for 70K miles.
Others may be better, but I and my pillion have been happy for 70K+ miles.
ymmv

addendum: scratch resistance isn't of much concern to me. I look over the "windshield" not through it. The Cee Bailey's kicks the slip stream up so there is no buffeting.
I have bugs on my windscreen most of the time but I never see 'em. I look over the top of the windscreen. If you look through your windscreen, scratch resistance maybe an important feature for you.
I like bugs on my windscreen... it is a fashion statement. :histerica
When it rains, the bugs get washed off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
CharlieVT said:
I try to have no thoughts what's so ever...
I have a Cee Bailey's.
Replaced the OEM shield years ago.
Cee Bailey's eliminated the buffeting of the OEM and has been good for 70K miles.
Others may be better, but I and my pillion have been happy for 70K+ miles.
ymmv

addendum: scratch resistance isn't of much concern to me. I look over the "windshield" not through it. The Cee Bailey's kicks the slip stream up so there is no buffeting.
I have bugs on my windscreen most of the time but I never see 'em. I look over the top of the windscreen. If you look through your windscreen, scratch resistance maybe an important feature for you.
I like bugs on my windscreen... it is a fashion statement. :histerica
When it rains, the bugs get washed off.
curtis
which c'baileys do you have?
thanks, john

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Good to know there's another polycarbonate shield option on the market...

So now we have OEM, V-stream and F4 for $350.00
- which is $100.00 MORE than a V-stream? :confused:

Seeing how I've been very satisfied with my V-stream I think I would pass...

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
drjohn55 said:
.... which c'baileys do you have?......
It is this one:
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/bmws1200ltno2.htm

If you look through the shield there is a distortion where there is a curve in the profile. It never bothers me. The value of the shield over the OEM is that even though it is lower, it shoots the slipstream higher.
With the OEM set so I could just see over it, I got lots of buffetting.
With the Cee Bailey's, I can set it lower and have a bigger zone of quiet air.

·
Registered
99 Posts
CharlieVT said:
It is this one:
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/bmws1200ltno2.htm

If you look through the shield there is a distortion where there is a curve in the profile. It never bothers me. The value of the shield over the OEM is that even though it is lower, it shoots the slipstream higher.
With the OEM set so I could just see over it, I got lots of buffetting.
With the Cee Bailey's, I can set it lower and have a bigger zone of quiet air.
thanks curtis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After reading some threads on the Parabellum Windshield I am leaning toward this as a replacement to the original Windshield on my K1200LT. I haven't read any negative posts about it. If anyone has any please let me know. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have the CB #2 and my wife and I have been happy ever since we got it. I will be buying a new one soon and my get the #2 with wings this time to help with the cold weather. I have it so I can look over it or through it and both ways work good for me and the wife. On really hot days she likes it down but when it is colder she wants it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts