BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if EZ Touring motorcycle covers is still in business? Their 800 # is answered by a goofy message to leave a number in an unidentified mail box. I tried, no response.

After almost 10 years, my EZ cover sprang a tear.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
McRuss said:
Anyone know if EZ Touring motorcycle covers is still in business? Their 800 # is answered by a goofy message to leave a number in an unidentified mail box. I tried, no response.

Yep - still in bidness. Friend of mine ordered a Wanderer a few weeks ago and got it. He did it by e-mail.

BTW - you wantin' to order a new one, or repair the torn one. My HD neighbor is a certified parachutist (packer, jumper and trainer) and I can ax if he knows of a 'non-parachute' rip-stop repair method.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
cfell said:
Hey, Dick.. interesting.. ask your bud if he has access to parachute material... because I might be interested in getting some for some "projects"...
I will, Channing. Should see him this weekend.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dick said:
Yep - still in bidness. Friend of mine ordered a Wanderer a few weeks ago and got it. He did it by e-mail.

BTW - you wantin' to order a new one, or repair the torn one. My HD neighbor is a certified parachutist (packer, jumper and trainer) and I can ax if he knows of a 'non-parachute' rip-stop repair method.
Well, I want a new one but in the tween time, I want to fixit, was gonna try duck tape. It is so old and thin that any fix is gonna be very temporary. Keep that in mind as you ask your frend.

I guess I'll try their email, phone is not gonna do it, no response at all.

·
Registered
418 Posts
EZ Touring Under New Ownership

Just ordered my fourth Traveller for my 2001 K1200LT.
With daily use, they last about a year before the UV kills the fabric.

Three previous have been BLACK.
Called and discovered that they have a SILVER Traveller, though not listed.
Ordered the SILVER.

Quick turnaround.
Great product.

http://www.eztouring.com/traveller.htm

·
Registered
136 Posts
There was a vendor (not sure if it was them or someone selling their covers) selling the EZ covers at the MOA rally in West Bend. I have had one since 2002 and it is holding up well. But I do not use it every day.

McRuss said:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
What size did you order? "A" or "X" ? TIA.
LT_Pilot said:
Just ordered my fourth Traveller for my 2001 K1200LT.
With daily use, they last about a year before the UV kills the fabric.

Three previous have been BLACK.
Called and discovered that they have a SILVER Traveller, though not listed.
Ordered the SILVER.

Quick turnaround.
Great product.

http://www.eztouring.com/traveller.htm

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Dick said:
I will, Channing. Should see him this weekend.
Short follow-up to 'check with my parachuting neighbor'. He is often away on a 'secret' mission and unless he throws me the keys to his Softail, I never know when he goes nor how long he'll be gone. This time, he went the day after I said I'd check with him. He got back last evening; rented a U-Haul and loaded his daughter's property for her move to Dallas. I thought I'd see him this morning after *$$, butt Cheryl said he left early. Soooo - short story long :p , I'll catch him when he gets back sometime this weekend.

I wuz telling Channing that I talked with his daughter about repairing parachutes, butt she indicated they never repair 'em; just turn 'em in for new issue, she thinks. She recently completed her final skydive for certification, so she said she made sure her issued chute wuz in top condition. Wants to buy a personal one now!! :eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts
EZ Touring Covers

Ordered the Traveler, size X for the LT.
Fits great.

Heavy thunderstorms came through, a couple of times, this afternoon.
Helmet, jacket, tank bag, GPS, and Valentine 1 are always dry, beneath the cover.

I use a Helen Two Wheels wet bag strapped to my top rack to carry the wet cover.

Lay it out overnight and it's dry, ready to be packed up for the next trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts